Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali- "when I quit boxing the game died" (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali- "when I quit boxing the game died" (video)

He even says tyson not as good.
    Whole video is great but it starts at 3:55

I'm not sure what the motives of the thread are, but I have a pretty good idea. Anyway, Ali liked to toot his own horn, basically, and this is simply another one of his exaggerations, which in some-ways is partially correct because boxing was immensely popular during Ali's time and it has been slowly on the decline ever since. Take it, as you will.

Comment

Ali was a boring fighter who jabbed and ran for 15 rounds. Ali was over rated recieved gift decsion twice agnist Ken Norton, and Jimmy Young. Boxing was great in the 80's and 90's lost some steam after Delahoya retired and that's because of Fighter like Mayweather cherry picken and MMA

Comment

Ali was just being arrogant, the fabulous four era was one of the greatest in boxing.

Comment

1. he said the game died 'til tyson came along.

he has a point a little. especially if he was referring to the heavyweight division specifically.

2. he said tyson is good but he's no muhammad ali.

you can take it both ways. tyson is good but not as good as him boxing-wise.

or he could be referring to his personality and charisma. as in tyson is a good fighter but he's not like ali persona-wise.

i have no problem with any comment ali made. it's his opinion of himself and i can see his point.

Comment

Ali was more than just boxing.

But if you want to talk about who contributed more to the sport of boxing, and the heavyweight division I gotta say the tyson era has ali beat. People tuned in to watch ali box, people tuned in to tyson to watch somebody get decapitated.

A prime ali was a handsome slick talking cocky boxer, tyson was looked at as some kind of animal beast with boxing gloves on.

Comment

Game died when Lennox put Tyson to sleep.

Thats the exact date when boxing became a fringe sport in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                Ali was more than just boxing.

But if you want to talk about who contributed more to the sport of boxing, and the heavyweight division I gotta say the tyson era has ali beat. People tuned in to watch ali box, people tuned in to tyson to watch somebody get decapitated.

A prime ali was a handsome slick talking cocky boxer, tyson was looked at as some kind of animal beast with boxing gloves on.
                WTF???

Comment

Working...
                X