No announcement yet.

Jay-Z underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z underrated?

I ain't too much into the rap game but the guy is legendary. I know he is highly regarded but his work is head and shoulders better than any of his competition. K-naan is more talented and under the radar but Jay Z is as good as it gets out there. I enjoy the mellowness of his work. He puts Enimem to shame imo. I think in 20 years people will be talking about him as one of the best ever. Yah digg?

Originally posted by Check View Post
    I ain't too much into the rap game but the guy is legendary. I know he is highly regarded but his work is head and shoulders better than any of his competition. K-naan is more talented and under the radar but Jay Z is as good as it gets out there. I enjoy the mellowness of his work. He puts Enimem to shame imo. I think in 20 years people will be talking about him as one of the best ever. Yah digg?
    People consider him one of the best ever right now. Underrated LOL, you got to be joking? I think Blueprint 3 has been the best hip hop album in the last 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Loc View Post
      People consider him one of the best ever right now. Underrated LOL, you got to be joking? I think Blueprint 3 has been the best hip hop album in the last 5 years.
      I don't know man. All I ever hear or see in news is Enimem this Enimem that. Enimem did this commercial, he did that commercial. Even when Jay Z and Enimem did their concert together in Detroit and NYC it was all about Enimem. I was in NYC and for a bit when it got announced and they were raving about Enimem so it ain't just a Detroit thing. Jay Z doesn't get the love he deserves. Theres people that say Common is better!

Comment

He's aaight. But Nas is absolutely leagues ahead, in every way. I do rate the Blueprint 3 highly though.

Comment

Underrated? Seriously? He became a buisness man with Roc-A-Fella records alone with his music.

Comment

I don't know man. All I ever hear or see in news is Enimem this Enimem that. Enimem did this commercial, he did that commercial. Even when Jay Z and Enimem did their concert together in Detroit and NYC it was all about Enimem. I was in NYC and for a bit when it got announced and they were raving about Enimem so it ain't just a Detroit thing. Jay Z doesn't get the love he deserves. Theres people that say Common is better!
            Are you crazy? How many commercials or tv appearances a rapper makes has no bearing on their music at all. He has sold over 50 million albums and is considered by ALL hip hop fans to be a living legend. Jay-z has easily been the best rapper of the last 15 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Loc View Post
              Are you crazy? How many commercials or tv appearances a rapper makes has no bearing on their music at all. He has sold over 50 million albums and is considered by ALL hip hop fans to be a living legend. Jay-z has easily been the best rapper of the last 15 years or so.
              Not really. As I said, Nas is far better in every department and the majority of hip hop fans will tell you this.

Comment

That's because Common is clearly better. I like Jay-z, don't get me wrong, but he's as overrated as they come. Everytime he's on a track with another great rapper, he gets blown the **** out. See Renegades, Get By, etc. etc.

Comment

the gza would be underrated. everyone mentioned in this thread is overrated and elementary.

Comment

Nas > Jay Z

Pac
                    BIG
                    Nas

Comment

Working...
                    X