No announcement yet.

How many PPV's will Pac-hatton sell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
    A whole 2,500 points? Sure. We're on. Sig it.

The over/under is 750K. I have the under.
    Dude I think you are gonna lose your points

Floyd-hatton did something like 2.2 million

I think this fight will do around 800k-1 million in the UK and about 700-800k in the US

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

I think this fight will do around 800k-1 million in the UK and about 700-800k in the US

UK doesn't count, it's just the PPV buys in the US...

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
        Since when? That hasn't been specified anywhere in the thread

Comment

Uk doesn't count?

lmfao.

PPV's are ****ing PPV's

Comment

Since when? That hasn't been specified anywhere in the thread

Play it by ear, no bets that I know of concerning PPV buys includes the UK, European or Asian buys...

Comment

Boxing has some sort of resurgence this year, thanks to the Mosley/Margarito and Marquez/Diaz tussle for the most part. The Margacheatogate also put boxing back on ESPN, although it puts boxing in a bad light, bad publicity is still publicity.

I say it will hit more than a million, close to the Oscar/Pacquiao buys which closed at 1.4 million as of last count. This fight might also break the Mayweather/Hatton PPV buys in the UK, but I'm hoping for the best.

Just being optimistic for Boxing in general...
              I agree. I think it will break the british ppv record just because it will be a more exciting fight. I also think it will break the Hatton/Mayweather record. I believe that was the highest selling ppv that didnt feature a heavyweight or Oscar. I'm expecting between 900k-1 mill in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                Late 800-900,000 buys. it aint touchin a million IMO. Hatton isn't too well known by the casual fan. He's known for being dropped by Floyd. Pacquiao is known for humiliating Oscar. There's no juicy storylines. Both guys are gentleman.

This may be a superfight for us but I don't think it is to the casual fan.
                That last sentence is exactly right. And unless you bring in A LOT of casual fans, you don't get to the 700K, 800K, 1 mil level.

Guys, please remember: manny Pacquiao was doing 300-400K when he fights a Mexican superstar. MUCH less when he fights a normal opponent. Ricky Hatton has ZERO US domestic PPV buys without Mayweather.

Neither of these guys are PPV darlings. Hatton packs a stadium with British flyovers, but American fans/public don't care about him. Pacquiao sold 165K (?) vs Marquez.

Think back: Mayweather-Hatton felt like a MUCH bigger fight than this one. On the boards, on the net, on ESPN. Five city tour. Floyd talking about it on Dancing With The Stars. Etc. And that fight did 850K.

VERY few fights do close to a milli. And none of them are non-heavy/non-Oscar.

Comment

Floyd-oscar did 2.4 mil.

Floyd-Hatton did 850K

Comment

Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
                    Uk doesn't count?

lmfao.

PPV's are ****ing PPV's

That's what they're betting on. It's pretty obvious that this fight will break a million easy if we all count the buys from the US and UK, I just used a bit of common sense, which I couldn't obviously say for "others"... ehem

Comment

Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
                      Uk doesn't count?

lmfao.

PPV's are ****ing PPV's
                      US domestic PPV's. That is what we benchmark.

Comment

Working...
                      X