Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you want to box? Passion, Money, Fun??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked to punch people in the face. Boxing seemed a logical (and legal) option for this urge.

Comment

U named all 3..............

Comment

i suffered from anxiety,panic attacks and depression so i was trying to keep my mind busy.i wanted to have something to do after work and having something to focus on.it really helped and ive been pretty okay since i started.

i also wanted to learn to fight since i dont live in the nicest neighborhood.i always wanted to i just never got around to it until this year.i also wanted to get in shape and get a six pack.i cant really do it without a trainer there making me do it.i mean i can but i just get lazy and dont get motivated on my own in a regular gym

i also love the sport as well ive grown to be really passionate about every aspect of it from the training to the fighting

Comment

My Story

I started boxing back in 08 at the age 25 when my sons mother and I broke up, It gave me something to take my mind of of things and also get me back in shape. I have had 17 amateur fights as a super heavyweight with a record of 16-1. I am now training for my pro debut. Hopefully in Jan.

I love the sport, I also help train amateurs at my gym. I love the satisfaction of giving the inner city kids in my neighborhood that have no parental guidance or support a chance to do something positive.

I have always had a love for boxing and always will!

Comment

Been boxing sense I was 12.... 22 now. For me its for the love of the sport... I love to fight win,lose,draw... its all about being in the ring doing what I love. On top of doing that i am a student of the game. I watch fights every day. Just love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitez View Post
              I think people who love team sports are afraid to be alone...they need others and that ain't a strong attribute to have.

So in a ring you are not alone because there's the crowd, your trainer and the opponent? I don't think so....you are alone and it's nothing wrong with that.
              Needing others is an attribute that everything has. Good luck trying to get through life without anyone's help.

Let me guess: You got cut from every team sport you ever tried out for?

Comment

Originally posted by lumiere View Post
                i suffered from anxiety,panic attacks and depression so i was trying to keep my mind busy.i wanted to have something to do after work and having something to focus on.it really helped and ive been pretty okay since i started.

i also wanted to learn to fight since i dont live in the nicest neighborhood.i always wanted to i just never got around to it until this year.i also wanted to get in shape and get a six pack.i cant really do it without a trainer there making me do it.i mean i can but i just get lazy and dont get motivated on my own in a regular gym

i also love the sport as well ive grown to be really passionate about every aspect of it from the training to the fighting
                awesome post and great work brother!

Comment

I still spar on a regular basis -and take it seriously- for the same reason I started boxing other kids in my town in backyards and basements when I was 12...because I LOVE the feeling of being in there trading punches, thinking of stategy, of living out the fantasy...

Comment

Originally posted by aciovacco View Post
                    I started boxing back in 08 at the age 25 when my sons mother and I broke up, It gave me something to take my mind of of things and also get me back in shape. I have had 17 amateur fights as a super heavyweight with a record of 16-1. I am now training for my pro debut. Hopefully in Jan.

I love the sport, I also help train amateurs at my gym. I love the satisfaction of giving the inner city kids in my neighborhood that have no parental guidance or support a chance to do something positive.

I have always had a love for boxing and always will!
                    Wow...

good luck man..

I'm 24 and being in the gym everyday with my son and watching him develop (he's 7) is an amazing feeling..I was offered a spot to be an assistant coach and I gladly accepted..but I won't lie..I'm getting that itch to just start training and competing as well..I just always felt that at 24 it's just too late..but now I've been inspired..thanks man..and good luck with your first pro bout..

Comment

Originally posted by Vitez View Post
                      I think people who love team sports are afraid to be alone...they need others and that ain't a strong attribute to have.

So in a ring you are not alone because there's the crowd, your trainer and the opponent? I don't think so....you are alone and it's nothing wrong with that.

my assumption is your just too uncoordinated to learn to play with other people. Playing team sports and boxing, they both bring competitiveness.

In a team, you play your part, you do it well, if everyone can do it then you win as a team. Individually your just comparing how good you can do and what you learned vs another.

Also i take it you never really had a match. After being in so many you realize you have a coach who guides you through everything. So you aren't alone, considering there is a lot of people that has trained you to get to that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X