Sean Penn vs Denzel Washington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean because of his brother's awesome track jacket

Comment

For example. I can name Robert DeNiro's greatest scene of all time.

The Russian roulette scene in The Deer Hunter. You can't name me one scene of Sean Penn's where you were aboslutely awed of his acting skill.

Denzel Washington, when he visits his old gang boss, when he just turns into Malcolm X. Or the scene at the end where he feels like something's going down, and he yells at one of his advisers, then looks at him with a remorseful look, and whispers to him, "don't worry, brother", or something like that.

Name one specific Sean Penn scene.

Comment

Sean penn for me is the better actor but they are both great.

I thought about grabbing a scene from here and there but it's pretty pointless. If you don't think he has outstanding acting ability in numerous scene's who am i or anyone else to convince you? It's your opinion and that's fine.

I don't know why nobody has mentioned the Penn movie "State of grace" Damn what a movie.

Comment

Denzel is on another planet than Sean Penn.

Comment

Sean Penn, I can't really get into Denzel Washington films. But he's okay I guess. I have never downloaded a Washington film, I just catch some of them when they're on TV but I get disinterested quickly.

Comment

P.S. literally any actor can pull this scene off. Literally any actor.

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              Penn's entire performance in Mystic River was amazing. Acting at it's finest:

THIS is acting. Disappointment, restraint, bewilderment, subtle facial expressions, eye contact, the whole nine.

Sean Penn was literally just exploding and screaming. Even Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill could pull that scene off.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Sean Penn, I can't really get into Denzel Washington films. But he's okay I guess. I have never downloaded a Washington film, I just catch some of them when they're on TV but I get disinterested quickly.
                "But he's OK I guess."

Yeah, you don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
                  Denzel is on another planet than Sean Penn.
                  They are in different planets. Penn has worked with the likes of Pacino, De Niro, Duvall, Harris, Oldman, Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    "But he's OK I guess."

Yeah, you don't count.
                    I'm just not interested. Like Natas said, he's always Denzel. It gets boring. I know what I will be watching once I see Denzel.

Comment

THIS is acting. THIS is range. Denzel doesn't have to play a 40 year old ****** to show his range.

Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 03-08-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X