No announcement yet.

Martin Murray Lying About Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Murray Lying About Golovkin

Apparently Murray recently tweeted that Golovkin never made him an offer to fight. Here is Murray's promoter Hatton saying that Golovkin made an offer which he turned down.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/224317.html#

Speaking to Steve Bunce about Murray's next move, Hatton said: "We're hoping to make an announcement in the next few weeks. There are lots of offers coming in for Martin, but it's just about finding the right move at the right time.

"That's something I learnt from my old promoter, Frank Warren. This promoting game is all about timing and Martin's a real flavour of the month due to his wonderful performance.

"He's had offers - Golovkin [was] one of them. Martin has no fear of fighting any of them and I think he's proved that by going to Argentina and going to Germany."

But Hatton knows from his own experience in the ring that there are benefits to pacing the flow of fights against top quality opposition. "I wanted to fight Kostya Tszyu three years before I boxed him and if I'd done that, he'd have beaten me," Hatton admitted. "It's all about the right timing - build the fight up, build the interest."

Either Murray is lying or his team has been lying to him which is making him look like an idiot. Hatton also admitting he ducked Tszyu for three years which he's now doing with his own fighters.

You have comprehension issues.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MartinMurrayBox
      Last edited by Weebler I; 08-07-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Hatton also admitting he ducked Tszyu for three years which he's now doing with his own fighters.
        So him saying he wasn't ready for Tszyu is ducking him? Hatton wanting the learn his trade better equals Hatton ducking people.

Does it still hurt you that he beat Tsyzu up? It was years ago. You should be over it by now not still crying into your pillow.

Tsyzu was a classy man & a great champion. He deserves better than fans like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          You have comprehension issues.
          I have no idea what "apparently i knocked back a load of money" means but he said he didn't get an offer.

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          So him saying he wasn't ready for Tszyu is ducking him? Hatton wanting the learn his trade better equals Hatton ducking people.

Does it still hurt you that he beat Tsyzu up? It was years ago. You should be over it by now not still crying into your pillow.

Tsyzu was a classy man & a great champion. He deserves better than fans like you.
          Avoiding a boxer until he's old and you're confident you're fighting a diminished version of him is ducking yes.

Comment

I have no idea what "apparently i knocked back a load of money" means but he said he didn't get an offer.

Avoiding a boxer until he's old and you're confident you're fighting a diminished version of him is ducking yes.
            Hatton said he wanted to fight him 3 years before he did. LOL

Comment

Murray is telling the truth. GG is the one lying. How do I know? GG looks sneaky.

Comment

Hatton was literally chomping at the bit to get at Zoo but Warren held him back and never got it done which he now thinks was probably a good thing...

Comment

They both could be telling the truth. GGG could've made an offer but the numbers were so far off Hatton didn't bother letting Murray know. Most boxers don't have any idea what's going on outside of the ring. That's why so many fighters get ****ed over, or don't know the business? Do you really Don King would have the balls to **** Tyson to his face? Bad example because King probably would but you guys get my point.

Comment

Hatton said he wanted to fight him but he was held back because he wasn't ready. Hatton wasn't even on Tszyu's radar, stop revising history you bitter ****.

It's the same way in which I'm sure Golovkin wants to fight guys like Ward but his people don't think he's ready. I guess that's ducking in your book.

Comment

Working...
                    X