Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the hardest puncher in WelterWeight History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
    Hearns was the most Dominant welterwight in history.

The hardest puncher, I have to give it to Trinidad.

Hearns KO'd Duran after a 15 round beating from Hagler, who is by the way an ATG puncher.

What also makes me vote for Trinidad is the KO's of Campas and Mayorga. People might argue with this, but those men had chins of steel in their prime, they hadn't been beat up, and he annihilated them.
    Hearns had 5 title fights as a welter, 1 he lost, and 3 vs mediocre opposition and you think he was the most dominant welter is history?

Hearns ko of Duran was above ww

Trinidads ko of Mayorga was above ww and Mayorga was totally shot!

I voted Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      You could make a case for all of them but in terms of raw power i think Cuevas is being overlooked,he was nowhere near as skilled as the others and they were 'better' punchers,but he had chilling power
      I see what you're saying about Cuevas, dude had frightening power, but we're talking about the very best

Comment

I would say either Hearns or Robinson.

@ the notion of Napoles hitting harder than Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
          I see what you're saying about Cuevas, dude had frightening power, but we're talking about the very best
          Robinson,Hearns and Tito were the 'better' punchers and all all-round better fighters i agree

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            He carried power weither he was boxing or slugging and he wasn't one dimentional like a Hearns
            One dimensional fighters don't outbox Ray Leonard, Wilfredo Benitez and Virgill Hill, then break Roberto Duran in half in the same career.

Comment

lol thsi nigga said Hearns was one-dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
                how you have trinidad in there and not henry armstrong is laughable,jose napoles is another you have missed out
                In some cases name dropping old timers is a smart thing to do.

Not in this one though. You should actually watch some Armstrong Napoles fights before thinking they hit harder than Trinidad..

Comment

Hearns. Dude went from ww to cw knocking people out and was one of the few to ever stun Hagler and the only person to knock the **** out of Duran.

Comment

Felix Trinidad hit hard, but he was unable to throw straight punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                      Definitely Hearns.

He laid out a better fighter than any of the rest of them. No-one would ever put Duran out in his career, even in his late '40s. Especially not like that.
                      uh huh.
                      But that Duran was drinking Rum in the DR and singing with a Salsa band just a few weeks before the fight and did not train for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X