Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will be the next fight after Mayweather vs Pacquiao/Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac and Cotto both have the right to retire if they win. Mayweather is the one who doesn't have the right to retire. He's forced to fight Cotto, Pacquiao or Mosley but he's afraid of Cotto and Mosley. Mayweather came back becoz he knows he can beat Pacquiao and that he will get credit for this win. So he's hoping Pacquiao beats Cotto.
    Otherwise, don't be surprised if Mayweather fights andre Berto at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      floyd... if he beats marquez, then goes on to beat manny, the only other major money-maker would be hatton...i can see floyd tryin to bull**** people into thinking that a rematch might be different
      I doubt he would do that, but if he does i wouldn't be a fan his anymore, honestly.

How about if Pacquiao wins? and he decides to go for a Hatton rematch because it is th ebiggest fight that can be made, let's say it happens in Wembley just so it can sell more tickets. Would you approve of that if Pacquiao does it?

And let's say Cotto wins this whole thing, would you approve of a Cotto vs Hatton fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
        I doubt he would do that, but if he does i wouldn't be a fan his anymore, honestly.

How about if Pacquiao wins? and he decides to go for a Hatton rematch because it is th ebiggest fight that can be made, let's say it happens in Wembley just so it can sell more tickets. Would you approve of that if Pacquiao does it?

And let's say Cotto wins this whole thing, would you approve of a Cotto vs Hatton fight?

well, floyd DID say he wanted to fight ricky again (this was before ricky got coma'd by PAC)

as for either PAC or Cotto going after Hatton, i would think its uneccesary...however, in PAC's case, with retirement looming, i can see why he would want to make one last cash-out....

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
          Pac and Cotto both have the right to retire if they win. Mayweather is the one who doesn't have the right to retire. He's forced to fight Cotto, Pacquiao or Mosley but he's afraid of Cotto and Mosley. Mayweather came back becoz he knows he can beat Pacquiao and that he will get credit for this win. So he's hoping Pacquiao beats Cotto.
          Otherwise, don't be surprised if Mayweather fights andre Berto at the end.

Why do you think so?

Mayweather is 32 and has fought his fare share of threats already(Corrales, Castillo 1 & 2, Judah, Baldomir) and his fare share of money fights (Hatton, De La Hoya which were also money fights for Pacquiao).

Cotto is only 28 why should he retire? is he done in your opinion? is he shot? at 28?

And if Cotto should retire, then why do you say that Mayweather should fight Cotto? why would you want Mayweather to fight someone that you think should retire already? and Mosley? how do you know he will beat Clottey, and Mosley's already 38.

If Berto is the only fight left then why not Berto? he's not shot, not past prime, and he's a young undefeated champion...

I agree with you that Mayweather should fight Mosley, but only if Mosley beats Clottey.
          Last edited by Kevin Jesus; 09-04-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

LOL. Best avatar ever.

Comment

Why do you think so?

Mayweather is 32 and has fought his fare share of threats already(Corrales, Castillo 1 & 2, Judah, Baldomir) and his fare share of money fights (Hatton, De La Hoya which were also money fights for Pacquiao).

Cotto is only 28 why should he retire? is he done in your opinion? is he shot? at 28?

And if Cotto should retire, then why do you say that Mayweather should fight Cotto? why would you want Mayweather to fight someone that you think should retire already? and Mosley? how do you know he will beat Clottey, and Mosley's already 38.

If Berto is the only fight left then why not Berto? he's not shot, not past prime, and he's a young undefeated champion...

I agree with you that Mayweather should fight Mosley, but only if Mosley beats Clottey.
              I pretty much agree with you, you don't understand what i mean. I mean Pacquiao and Cotto were involved in big fights against top notch fighters in most of their last fights. Pacquiao has tasted Barrera, Morales and Marquez. Cotto has tasted Mosley, Clottey, Judah and Quintana.

Mayweather has beaten Judah, Corrales, DLH, Hatton and Castillo. That's a fair point but "with great power comes great responsibility". Mayweather's responsibility was to clean up the house at a weight class he's been in more than 3 years. I don't know how he managed to forget to fight the four best fighters of the weight class. Clottey, Cotto, Margarito and Mosley. Cotto after his Mosley win was the dream match. Cotto was popular, no more green, proven and the legit undefeated number one at welterweight. Mayweather should have defended his Ring belt against him.

After this fight, the winner(Cotto hehe) will have the right to retire and be called an ATG but i don't want Cotto to retire and my biggest hope in boxing is to see Cotto vs Mayweather.

I don't know if Mosley will beat Clottey but we don't know if Marquez will lose to Mayweather. That's all suppositions.

Comment

that's awefully presumptious kev.cotto better handle his business with mosley,clottey, and plaster.this dude takes another tune up with another jennings type I'm done defending him.
                as for mayweather, maybe mosley, maybe.

Comment

Working...
                X