Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which decision was worse, Herrera/Garcia or Herrera/Benavidas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think that the Bena fight was a "robbery" per se. There were so many swing rounds that it could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      It's disgusting. How can this sport treat one man like this? Is Herrera going to be the new Emanuel Augustus?
      RIP Emanuel Augustus

but yeah they both were awful, this dude should be 140 champ

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
        RIP Emanuel Augustus

but yeah they both were awful, this dude should be 140 champ
        Augustus is still alive bro. At least I think, the last I read he got up and started to walk last week apparently

Comment

Herrera looked more in command against Garcia. He actually resorted to a more scrappy style against Benavidas, who looked more poised. This maybe worked against him. Fight looked more like a draw to me.

Comment

Both were 116-112 wins for Herrera so both were equally bad.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Augustus is still alive bro. At least I think, the last I read he got up and started to walk last week apparently
              yeah u rite....my bad...aint too many people surviving headshots I thot he was gone

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Yea I think we both scored the fight round by round . Yea you had 8-4 or 9-3

And so did brush with a ridiculous score lol
                Yeah he had a really off night, he had Khan winning like 7-5

Comment

Originally posted by doubletake View Post
                  Both bad.

Herrera beat Garcia to win the Lineal championship. He was robbed of his victory.

Herrera beat Benavidez to retain his WBA interim title. He was robbed of his victory.

The only brightside to all of this is that if Herrera would've been given the decision against Danny, but robbed by Arum, Benavidez would now be the lineal champion. It's sickening just thinking of that.

Either way, he was robbed twice this year, and both were equally as bad.

Wow, I never thought of it like that, smh. Criminal, just criminal

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
                    Both were robberies but because the Garcia fight had the ring tittle on the line in was far worse so voted for it

If the judges would have scored Herrera/Garcia correctly Benavidas would be lineal and ring champion right now

Comment

I voted both equally bad cause they both were plain robberies but the garcia one had more meaning behind it. Herrera would become world champ and be the #1 guy at 140 and all the new paychecks that comes with that instead he realistically lost millions of potential dollar he could have made had he wasnt robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X