Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins this legendary fight more often than not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
    If that's the case, why didn't he force him to fight in the 2 other fights? Duran is a great fighter and that's why he beat Ray the 1st time. But lets be honest, Ray fought Duran's fight and still made it close and exciting. When Ray made him fight his fight the 2nd time, Duran quit.
    The third fight happened to late to mean anything. Leonard refused it when they were still in their primes.

It didn't seem like the same Duran in the second fight.

I don't see Leonard being able to dance in the first fight with that kind of pressure Duran was putting on him.

Comment

IMHO if we repeat their fights a few times, Duran may get the first fight but Leonard will catch up on what style to use vs Duran and suceeding fights would just be more advantageous for SRL...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        You are so right. But people ride with Durans excuse in the rematch. That annoys me too.
        By Sugar Ray Leonard's own admission he fought Duran when he was out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          By Sugar Ray Leonard's own admission he fought Duran when he was out of shape.
          Don't distort Sugars words, and turn them into your lies. Duran gets no pass for the rematch loss. He fought in N.O, in front of Leonards crowd this time and quit. Duran didn't fight like he was out of shape.

Comment

Don't distort Sugars words, and turn them into your lies. Duran gets no pass for the rematch loss. He fought in N.O, in front of Leonards crowd this time and quit. Duran didn't fight like he was out of shape.
            Sugar Ray Leonard-"My intention was to fight Duran asap because i knew Durans habits i knew he would indulge himself, eat gain 40-50 pounds and have to sweat it off to make 147 that was my plan from day 1".

Those words came straight out of Leonard's mouth.

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard-"My intention was to fight Duran asap because i knew Durans habits i knew he would indulge himself, eat gain 40-50 pounds and have to sweat it off to make 147 that was my plan from day 1".

Im a huge Duran fan, but i dont believe thats why he lost the rematch. Leonard just boxed beautifully.
              Duran would have hammered most opponents that night.

Its also Durans own fault for not being in perfect shape for the rematch.

Leonard beats Duran IMO if they are both at their best.

Comment

Lmfao, cutting 40 lbs and being able to boxing for longer than 5 rounds is ****ing impossible.

Comment

So, this isn't proof of anything. Leonard gave a lot of interviews. I was there in that time though. I know the deal. Stop giving Duran excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    Lmfao, cutting 40 lbs and being able to boxing for longer than 5 rounds is ****ing impossible.
                    Whose fault is that, Sugars? Stop giving Duran excuses. You probably weren't even born then.

Comment

So, this isn't proof of anything. Leonard gave a lot of interviews. I was there in that time though. I know the deal. Stop giving Duran excuses.
                      Whose fault is that, Sugars? Stop giving Duran excuses. You probably weren't even born then.
                      Let's be real though, saying Leonard fought the way he did in the first fight just because Duran called Juanita dirty names is just as much of an excuse for Leonard's loss (and it takes credit away from Duran's own footwork.. he was no plodder).

None of us are "right", like you said, because the third fight never came. But keep in mind it was Leonard who refused the third fight until Duran was older and worn down. It's his own fault that this was never settled.

Comment

Working...
                      X