Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather find his September Opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather find his September Opponent?

Rumors going around were that Showtime needed to make up a lot of money on Floyd's next fight in September due to the lackluster Maidana PPV. Floyd said he was willing to rematch Canelo (but not Maidana), or fight Danny Garcia but none of those fights would be a guaranteed success for Showtime

Does Showtime throw money at Arum & Cotto to make Cotto-Mayweather II for the 160lb title?

My guess is this is Floyd's next fight, I'd be surprised if Arum hasn't received a phonecall from Ellerbe, I'd say this fight does at least 1.5m buys

Yes the catchweight king should fight Cotto again

Comment

Yep another easy cherry pick that the deluded masses will buy into.

Comment

To be honest i feel like at this very moment Miguel Cotto is above both Danny and Maidana. I would not be mad if there was a rematch.

Comment

can you imagine if Cotto-Mayweather never happened and this would be their first fight? ****... 2m+ buys easy

Comment

No, Cotto should wait out to see if Canelo beats Lara and make the long awaited Canelo-Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              No, Cotto should wait out to see if Canelo beats Lara and make the long awaited Canelo-Cotto.
              I think he makes more money in a mayweather fight, ultimately it will come down to whether Oscar or Haymon/Ellerbe gives the most money

Cotto has some serious options right now that's for sure

Comment

I would only really like this fight had they never fought the first time....but whatever. Mayweather's options for September aren't that great.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  I think he makes more money in a mayweather fight, ultimately it will come down to whether Oscar or Haymon/Ellerbe gives the most money

Cotto has some serious options right now that's for sure
                  this is a misconception, cotto does not make most money fighting mayweather, floyd eats up majority of the purse, unless FMJ is willing to cut his guarantee ...

if not cotto is better of fighting other fighters not named mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    this is a misconception, cotto does not make most money fighting mayweather, floyd eats up majority of the purse, unless FMJ is willing to cut his guarantee ...

if not cotto is better of fighting other fighters not named mayweather
                    The Floyd Mayweather Jr fight is Miguel Cotto's carreer biggest pay day.

Go take a seat son.

Comment

Working...
                    X