Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Richard Abril much better than previously thought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Richard Abril much better than previously thought?

The guy has 3 losses, all split decisions, and we know he clearly beat Ríos. His other 2 "losses" are vs Prescott and Lundy. Is he simply an unlucky fighter like Campillo?

Some people say he did beat Prescott. Has anyone seen those fights?

schooled Rios' ass. You could clearly see how good of a boxer he is in his last outing

Comment

Originally posted by Dustaine View Post
      The guy has 3 losses, all split decisions, and we know he clearly beat Ríos. His other 2 "losses" are vs Prescott and Lundy. Is he simply an unlucky fighter like Campillo?

i was ringside for abril and lundy

they're both good fighters. it was a close fight. lots of people ringside thought abril won. he knocked lundy down. there was a real ruckus kicked up when the wide scorecard was read. that judge was watching a different fight.

i was shocked at how good he was, actually. i thought lundy's speed would give him problems, but it didnt.

Comment

The problem for him now is he won't get any high profile fights.

Comment

The problem for him now is he won't get any high profile fights.

that's a problem lots of these cubans are running into. they're damn good and they dont bring anything to the table. and lots of them have styles that are not pleasing on the eyes.

whatever happened to a local following? cant they base these guys in miami or something?

Comment

When Rios-Abril was announced, I tried to find footage of Richard on Youtube. There were only a few poor quality clips of Abril fighting. It was very tough to get a handle on how good or bad he was. The best I had to go on was "New England's" impressions of Richard versus Hank Lundy. I respect "NE's" opinions, so I expected Abril to at least give a respectable account of himself versus Rios.

Richard is obviously a solid fighter. He's smart, both in and out of the ring. It's terrible that his career has been marred by poor judging. I can't speak on the Prescott and Lundy fights, but the Rios decision was an abomination. (While they investigate Pac-Bradley, they may as well look into Abril-Rios, too.) Who knows? Like Carlos Molina, Richie might get another shot at a big fight, solely on his masterful performance against "Bam Bam."

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              When Rios-Abril was announced, I tried to find footage of Richard on Youtube. There were only a few poor quality clips of Abril fighting. It was very tough to get a handle on how good or bad he was. The best I had to go on was "New England's" impressions of Richard versus Hank Lundy. I respect "NE's" opinions, so I expected Abril to at least give a respectable account of himself versus Rios.

Richard is obviously a solid fighter. He's smart, both in and out of the ring. It's terrible that his career has been marred by poor judging. I can't speak on the Prescott and Lundy fights, but the Rios decision was an abomination. (While they investigate Pac-Bradley, they may as well look into Abril-Rios, too.) Who knows? Like Carlos Molina, Richie might get another shot at a big fight, solely on his masterful performance against "Bam Bam."
              Well, la esperanza es lo último que se pierde.

Comment

Beat Miguel Acosta too

Comment

I never saw him fight before the Rios fight.. maybe watched a few mins on youtube out of interest but thought Rios was gonna walk through this no name opponent.

Abril completely shut him down and won every single round pretty much. Very good fighter indeed.

Comment

awkward and tall real tall like middleweight tall

His height is whats troubling to fighters and he knows how to utilize it on defense and offense

Comment

Working...
                    X