No announcement yet.

Paradise Lost 1-3 on HBO.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Lost 1-3 on HBO.

Anybody see this? The 3-part documentary (first one aired in '96, second one in '00 and part 3 just came on HBO recently) follows the true story of 3 teenagers in West Memphis, Arkansas accused of murdering 3 eight-year-old boys back in 1993. The killings are really brutal and the community puts a ton of pressure on the police to find the killers, but there's no real conclusive evidence to go by. Eventually, they arrest the teenagers and accuse them of being in a Satanic cult because they wear black, listen to Metallica and Slayer, and read books about witchcraft. But as the story unfolds you see how the police didn't pursue other suspects who might have committed the crimes.

Anyways, the story takes some twists and turns that are crazy. If you haven't seen it, there's crime scene footage that is graphic and really sad, so be warned.

*WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS "SPOILERS."*
    Last edited by Libido Sanchez; 01-22-2012, 12:18 PM. Reason: Well, not really spoilers, since it's an actual news story but for those who don't know much about the case.

They've recently been freed.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Aye, I think 3 came out after they were freed.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
        Aye, I think 3 came out after they were freed.
        Peter Jackson is bringing out a doc about it.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Yeah, Part 3 covers their release. They were basically forced to submit guilty pleas in exchange for their freedom even though they were innocent.

Comment

Read about it, have yet to see the documentary. Thanks for posting the vid.

Comment

Gonna check this out.

Comment

The Stepfathers of the slain boys were/are crazier then any of the WM3 put together. I wouldn't be surprised if both Stepfathers weren't in on it together. AND... the one Stepfather had almost all of his teeth removed a couple of years after the killings, when evidence of bite marks on the bodies were being discovered and bite mark comparisons were starting to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  The Stepfathers of the slain boys were/are crazier then any of the WM3 put together. I wouldn't be surprised if both Stepfathers weren't in on it together. AND... the one Stepfather had almost all of his teeth removed a couple of years after the killings, when evidence of bite marks on the bodies were being discovered and bite mark comparisons were starting to be done.
                  I was totally not expecting another suspect to come up after all the crazy talk from John Mark Byers. But you right, I could see a collabo, too.

Comment

i've said this before when it was posted last, but i certainly dont mind saying it again

paradise lost is one of the best documentaries of all time

HBO killed it. they essentially got the ball rolling for the release of the WM3

they also made west memphis look like hell on earth

people born there have no hope

Comment

Working...
                    X