Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joel Julio: Zaveck is in the best shape of his life, he can beat Berto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berto claims to be "more motivated, more hungry" for this fight than for the one against Victor Ortiz, a fight where he was defending HIS title in front of Floyd Mayweather who was in the crowd, and in a fight where he was a win away from potentially fighting him. But now he is "more motivated and more hungry" to fight Jan Zaveck in Biloxi, Mississippi for the IBF strap a couple weeks before Floyd and Ortiz engage in a true mega-fight in Vegas?

Ya, OK Andre.

I smell an upset.

Comment

Never seen Zavek before. Does anyone who doesn't have a bias either way think he has a real shot at beating Berto?

Comment

I like Joel. Always looked like a solid bloke to me. Good luck with your return to ww!

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          Never seen Zavek before. Does anyone who doesn't have a bias either way think he has a real shot at beating Berto?
          I don't think anybody knows exactly what is going to happen. I have seen a bunch of youtube "commentaries", and everybody keep dodging the real thing.

The odds are clearly stacked against Zavec though, I'll tell that to everyone.

Berto working with shady guys like Conte and Al haymon smells like horse dung to me. He will also have home court advantage and all that stuff.

The only pros Zavec has here is that he had a great camp, and ultimately he just needs to be himself on the fight night. He has fought infront of bigger crowds than Berto, and he's mentally more stable. The video shows Zavec is confident, and in good mood and that's always a good thing for him before fights.

Ultimately, Zavec wanted a fight like this by himself, so now is his chance to prove himself. I expect a great fight, and an upset as well.
          Last edited by Leohappy; 08-29-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
            I know Zaveck will upset the doubters in this fight. Im betting on him, he will delete Berto in the welterweight mix.
            LOL, unless Zavecks power dramatically increased, he's probably going to lose. Who actually thinks Zaveck gets a fair shake in America and against an Al Haymon fighter.

Our sport is ****ed up like that, it's as bad and corrupt as politics.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              LOL, unless Zavecks power dramatically increased, he's probably going to lose. Who actually thinks Zaveck gets a fair shake in America and against an Al Haymon fighter.

Our sport is ****ed up like that, it's as bad and corrupt as politics.
              yeah a robbery is possible, but the world will be watching (froch/ward is coming soon ...), so i hope the judging will be fair.
              but we all know people who are closely involved don't really care about it, as long as they pocket the money.
              really i just want zavec to put up a good performance, to shut the mouths of all the doubters. if he does that i'll be satisfied,even if he loses.

Comment

NO PAIN, NO GAME!

zavec's biloxi camp team (from left to right): tomi jagarinec (conditioning trainer), zavec, joel julio, sergei vartanov (zavec's club mate&second sparring partner)

Comment

Zacevks getting robbed. Why? Al Haymon. See Paul Williams gift decisions, Berto over Collazo, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                    OK, but Mayweather is one of the two biggest stars in boxing and a case could be made that he is the actual welterweight champion, with or without a belt. Still, I agree the way they do the posters these days is all wrong. It's more about how big a star you are as opposed to what belt you have. It would be like if back when Leonard fought Norris, they had Ray on the left and promoted it as Leonard vs Norris WBC Jr Middleweight Title.

Oh, they did...

Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      Same here^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think some people short change Berto. The dudes a fighter. I enjoy his work. Plus, he has some serious assets. He did not anticipate the intensity Ortiz was gonna throw at him. It was a really good fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X