No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs Dawson Showdown Looms For The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs Dawson Showdown Looms For The Fall

According to WBC light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins (52-5-2, 32KOs), his anticipated first title defense, against mandatory challenger Chad Dawson (30-1, 17KOs), will likely fall on a September date on HBO. Hopkins will return for the first time since the history winning effort over Jean Pascal in May. On that same card, Dawson won a lopsided decision over Adrian Diaconu to secure his future fight with Hopkins. Their fight could be pushed back, as Dawson's promoter Gary Shaw has stated in several recent interviews that a date in October or November is also possible.
    [Click Here To Read More]

dawson better learn how to beat lateral movement by then or hopkins is gonna side-to-side him all night! just like pascal did.
    Last edited by texasboi15; 06-13-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

they need to just put this fight on the Sept 17th card

Comment

yeah, I bet they do want to push the date back as far as possible, the further back the older hopkins is

Comment

every hopkins fight s history 1 way or another. + chad dawson is a good fighter. = great fight look forward 2 it!

Comment

Don't count out the man Hopkins again! He's always a live fighter especially since Dawson is pretty much boxing's Lebron. If anybody could ever make him look bad it's definitely the Executioner.

Comment

why is hopkins still fighting top fighters? hbo is giving away money. he should try to fight tocker pudwill or someone for millions. he's not very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                why is hopkins still fighting top fighters? hbo is giving away money. he should try to fight tocker pudwill or someone for millions. he's not very smart.
                Good post man

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  I doubt he fights to survive nowadays... in his mind he's made enough. He's all about proving doubters wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    yeah, I bet they do want to push the date back as far as possible, the further back the older hopkins is
                    it's all good. I believe Hopkins will still school fast Dawson in close UD. True skills there!

Comment

Working...
                    X