Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vivek Wallace: "Floyd used Facebook/Twitter to make the superfight even BIGGER!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    I think you're looking too deep into it. Most athletes use twitter and FB on their own considering they have it conveniently running on their phones. When Floyd talks to Ochocinco on twitter, I don't believe it's Floyd's PR person relaying a message to Chad.

Athletes aren't the brightest people from time to time, but they can manage a tweet.
    I didn't say Floyd couldn't use them, I said that someone else would generally be handling them since he pays a lot of people and it is a pain to keep them up to date and manage them when they get huge. It seems like a natural job for one of his underlings that he pays that would otherwise be getting paid for sitting on their ass, since the main thing it takes is a lot of free time.

It can be used for both to talk to famous friends and to have your boy run PR.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-14-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I didn't say Floyd couldn't use them, I said that someone else would generally be handling them.

Floyd runs his own Twitter account. I thought this was a known thing.

I find it quite amusing that his PR person would post:

@FloydMayweather "Ahhh yea baby! Spurs makin me that money!" and immediately post the pic (from his phone) of his winning ticket. Not even the Queen of England would need a PR person for that.

Comment

C'mon...really? lol

So, instead of going through a full fledged promotion for a fight that would garner HUGE attention, his idea is to attack Twitter and Facebook to promote the bad blood between Pac and Mayweather??

LOL, this is turning into an episode of Saved by the Bell.
        They said the same thing when he was on a racist tirade months and months ago. Mofos refer to it as marketing genius. Except the fight he was supposedly promoting hasn't happened until now. They're on it again. It never occurred to these mofos a fight like this should never be delayed because unforeseen events can happen, especially in a physical sport like this.

Comment

I didn't say Floyd couldn't use them, I said that someone else would generally be handling them since he pays a lot of people and it is a pain to keep them up to date and manage them when they get huge. It seems like a natural job for one of his underlings that he pays that would otherwise be getting paid for sitting on their ass, since the main thing it takes is a lot of free time.

lol are you saying he hired someone stupid to do his internet stuff?

Comment

Floyd runs his own Twitter account. I thought this was a known thing.

I find it quite amusing that his PR person would post:

@FloydMayweather "Ahhh yea baby! Spurs makin me that money!" and immediately post the pic (from his phone) of his winning ticket. Not even the Queen of England would need a PR person for that.
            It is not a real PR person it is his boy who wouldn't know the first thing about true public relations. Still you don't need to be a rocket scientist to create heat on the internet just look around here.

Gambling is part of Floyd's thing, he always talks about gambling and betting on sports so yea that should probably be on something devoted to him and they sure as hell wouldn't bring up when he loses on gambling

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
              They said the same thing when he was on a racist tirade months and months ago. Mofos refer to it as marketing genius. Except the fight he was supposedly promoting hasn't happened until now. They're on it again. It never occurred to these mofos a fight like this should never be delayed because unforeseen events can happen, especially in a physical sport like this.
              You reap what you sew is what I say. As it stands right now, it's not Pacquiao who's getting backlash from the media concerning his personal problems and not fighting Mayweather. I believe most of the Mayweather fans simply can't come to the realization that Manny Pacquiao is a Superstar in his own right and is riding his own lane, and as many people did to Floyd years ago about not fighting this or that guy, now the shoe seems to be on the other foot.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                lol are you saying he hired someone stupid to do his internet stuff?
                I said he hired one of his boys, a prerequisite for being his friend is not intelligence I reckon.

Comment

The 011' Ali.

Comment

It is not a real PR person it is his boy who wouldn't know the first thing about true public relations. Still you don't need to be a rocket scientist to create heat on the internet just look around here.

Gambling is part of Floyd's thing, he always talks about gambling and betting on sports so yea that should probably be on something devoted to him and they sure as hell wouldn't bring up when he loses on gambling
                    Why would he just let a random person (or his "boy") post anything on his FB or Twitter not realizing what damage that person can do if he goes too far? Especially considering the issues he's currently dealing with?

I don't understand how it's so hard to fathom the idea Floyd handles his own social networks.

Comment

Why would he just let a random person (or his "boy") post anything on his FB or Twitter not realizing what damage that person can do if he goes too far? Especially considering the issues he's currently dealing with?

I don't understand how it's so hard to fathom the idea Floyd handles his own social networks.
                      Because he is his boy, you think he pays him to sit around because he doesn't trust him. Floyd says all kinds of outlandish stuff so I fail to see what damage he could occur plus if he didn't do it he can deny, deny, deny and explain the situation.

About his current situation the order would be real simple don't bring it up and don't talk about it~

Because it is a lot of work and if he pays others it is an easy enough job to pawn off on an unskilled person since the main thing is time. I don't see why Floyd wouldn't pay someone to run those, why would Floyd want to deal with all the unwashed masses like that~

Comment

Working...
                      X