No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham vs. Mahir Oral on June 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    No they won't care but Abraham needs to try and make some interesting matchups if Arum is going to be forced into a position to make this fight happen sooner than later. Abraham's profile among casual fans is nonexistent. The Miranda fight was excellent in regards to building this fight but he needs to do a bit more. I'd love to know what Arum has up his sleeve.

After coming to the US and looking so good against Miranda last year, I'm surprised that AA isn't following up on it more. But then again, he probably makes major bucks fighting these second raters in Germany. As for Arum, there are rumors that Pavlik is trying to get away from him. That is supposed to be the real reason the Mora fight fell through.

Comment

If Kelly Pavlik selected Mahir Oral NSB would be up in arms. There are several more seasoned and/or quality opponents. Even a good JMW would be better IMO. Just wondering cause I don't remember the press release but what happened with the Vernon Forrest fight? Forrest had an injury or something?
      NSB was upset when he chose Rubio and quite furiated when Mora was revealed. NSB is always hard on fighters when the best doesn't fight the best. No exceptions I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        After coming to the US and looking so good against Miranda last year, I'm surprised that AA isn't following up on it more. But then again, he probably makes major bucks fighting these second raters in Germany. As for Arum, there are rumors that Pavlik is trying to get away from him. That is supposed to be the real reason the Mora fight fell through.
        From AA's perspective the only fight in the US that makes sense is Pavlik. He makes millions fighting in Germany.

Remember that Felix Sturm got over 1 million euro's fighting a japanese no-hoper. So AA has little incentive to take his act statesside for less than a gigapurse.

Comment

MOre BS in the MW division. This used to be a solid division. Now its garbage'. We need a new american hype job to steal the thunder and put the division back in the spotlight.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Who the hell is this dude? I wanted to see him fight Giovanni Lorenzo. That would've been a nice match-up.

Comment

another scrub come on arthur

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                From AA's perspective the only fight in the US that makes sense is Pavlik. He makes millions fighting in Germany.

Remember that Felix Sturm got over 1 million euro's fighting a japanese no-hoper. So AA has little incentive to take his act statesside for less than a gigapurse.
                I understand that but Arum's entire argument is that Pavlik the profile on this fight isn't high enough b/c no one knows Abraham. The public will never know Abraham if he keeps fighting Oral types. He should fight on American soil and take the paycut for a year. In the event that Team Pavlik continued to be shady there is no question he'd still be able to get a Winky or Paul Williams if he does this.

Comment

I understand that but Arum's entire argument is that Pavlik the profile on this fight isn't high enough b/c no one knows Abraham. The public will never know Abraham if he keeps fighting Oral types. He should fight on American soil and take the paycut for a year. In the event that Team Pavlik continued to be shady there is no question he'd still be able to get a Winky or Paul Williams if he does this.
                  Abraham cannot fight much longer at 160. His weight problems is well documented. He has said that he's only staying at middleweight because of Pavlik, so if that fight doesn't come off in 6 months I'm sure that it'll never happen. That leaves Pavlik with the Mora's, the Whobio's, the Gevor's and so on in an empty division.

Maybe that's Arum's plan? Not really fan-friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Abraham cannot fight much longer at 160. His weight problems is well documented. He has said that he's only staying at middleweight because of Pavlik, so if that fight doesn't come off in 6 months I'm sure that it'll never happen. That leaves Pavlik with the Mora's, the Whobio's, the Gevor's and so on in an empty division.

Maybe that's Arum's plan? Not really fan-friendly.
                    If Abraham wants Pavlik then he needs to fight someone with a pulse in America. Fighting nobodies in his Germany does nothing to support the fight. Also, Pavlik still has the option of fighting a Paul Williams, Winky Wright or a Strum at some point down the road. MW isn't quite as barron as everyone would like to believe.

Comment

So fans are slightly displeased at the level of they're last opponents.

Abraham becomes ill and is seriously struggling to make weight.

Pavlik and Abraham both want each other, it's the only fight that matters at MW.

Abraham is signed up for Forrest.

Pavlik is signed up for the guy whom just lost to Forrest in Mora.

Both of those fights hit difficulties, one not going ahead the other delayed when both fighters wanted to fight.

Now we have 2 more disapointing fights, pushing a MW unification even further away and in serious jeapordy of ever being able to happen.

What a ****ty situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X