Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about this generalization about blacks and Mexicans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
    Marg throws more. Clottey has more punch, imo. Marg breaks you down with pressure, but Clottey does damage with less punch volume. So I gotta say that Clottey is the harder puncher.

You think Floyd is gonna stop JMM?

Sadly, yes I do homey. I'll be fine that nite tho.

Comment

whens the last time you saw a mexican under the freeway ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
        Please do not take this as racist. It is just a generalization that I have heard repeated from many people.

Do you agree with the statement to any degree: "Mexicans are generally hardworking whereas blacks feel they are owed something by society and therefore lazier?"

No flames here, just curious.
        I will answer this as best as I can. I can say that I have met some very hard working black people in my life, I have also met some lazy Mexicans as well.

I think the difference isn't race related, it has more to do with American culture. I married into a Trini family, my wife is from Trinidad and Tobago and her blood line is from India. I have met many a "black" Trini's that are very hard workers.

When you come from a 3rd world country, you tend to work harder because you understand what it is to not have anything. In the U.S, everyone has everything pretty much and you can find work if you really want it. Most Americans and people that live under the rule of the American govt don't understand what true poverty really is.

Put it this way, the generation of Mexican/Americans are getting more and more lazy and "Americanized" in their culture and work ethic.

Comment

I didnt read the first post.

And Im not going to.

Michael Rappaport.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
            whens the last time you saw a mexican under the freeway ?
            Whens the last time you saw a homeless african, its the same logic, people not from this country tend to take advantage of it better. I have known and seen lots of homeless mexican americans, especially out in oakland and san francisco. Blacks from africa come here and excel academically, does that mean i can turn around and **** on mexicans and say "man those mexicans are lazy when it comes to school" no, there are reasons behind each statistic, i tend to think this issue cannot be solved through debate on the internet, especially with a bunch of boxing fans, most people here are not that intellectually sound. In my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
              I will answer this as best as I can. I can say that I have met some very hard working black people in my life, I have also met some lazy Mexicans as well.

I think the difference isn't race related, it has more to do with American culture. I married into a Trini family, my wife is from Trinidad and Tobago and her blood line is from India. I have met many a "black" Trini's that are very hard workers.

When you come from a 3rd world country, you tend to work harder because you understand what it is to not have anything. In the U.S, everyone has everything pretty much and you can find work if you really want it. Most Americans and people that live under the rule of the American govt don't understand what true poverty really is.

Put it this way, the generation of Mexican/Americans are getting more and more lazy and "Americanized" in their culture and work ethic.
              this is the best answer in the thread.

Comment

I have never met a hard working Mexican, ever.

Some might say that this is because Mexicans never work hard. Others would argue that it's because I live in England, and therefore have never met a Mexican in my entire life.

I'll let you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
                  K-Nan is poor that's why he got his phone shut off
                  No I'm just ******ed for messing the LCD screen up somehow.

Comment

Working...
                  X