Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More shocking: Tarver KO Jones or Buster Douglas KO Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesenuts View Post
    But Jones also had an aura of invincibility with his inhuman quickness and speed that has never been seen since.
    Yeah but it wasn't the same.

Comment

Douglas stopping Tyson, and Ali stopping Foreman in 74' are two of the biggest upsets and shocks in boxing, in my opinion.

Jones already showed his vulnerability in the first Tarver fight and should have retired then. The second fight just confirmed what many knew, Roy dropped too much weight after being up near 200 lbs, and was never the same coming back down.

Comment

BTW, saw both Tarver & RJ in Vegas and trust me when I say, no one in Vegas was having more fun than Tarver. Seemed like he had alot of drinks, was loud, and flirting everywhere. Very cool and approachable though. Took pics with everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          yeh this is not close. i guess you had to be alive at the time to understand exactly how huge Tyson and his aura of invincibility was.
          42 to 1.

Those were the odd's on Douglas beating Tyson.

Who knows how much somebody scored with the KO in the exact round.

Probably some school teacher from Montana.

Comment

both was equally shocking in my book....I remember my big bro driving me home from the movies mad that he was missing the fight....so he turned on the radio to listen for updates on the fight or something and then we heard that Mike was knocked out!!...WOW....big bro had to pull the car over and compose himself

Comment

Easily Tarver knocking Roy Jones out maybe I should of seen it coming from his first fight with him but Roy Jones Jr is by far a greater fighter than Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson you could see there was a blue print for beating him and so did others.
              I still think regardless of how he treated the sport and If he took it more seriously he'd of still had alot of problems with guys like Holyfield and Lewis.

Comment

Douglas over Tyson, and it's not even remotely close.

Comment

If Tarver knocked out Roy Jones in 1997, this would be comparable. The way it actually happened, it's not.

Comment

Not even a question.

As popular and as good as Jones was - there's just no comparison.

People thought if superman was to fight Tyson, he would probably be KOd in 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                      Easily Tarver knocking Roy Jones out maybe I should of seen it coming from his first fight with him but Roy Jones Jr is by far a greater fighter than Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson you could see there was a blue print for beating him and so did others.
                      I still think regardless of how he treated the sport and If he took it more seriously he'd of still had alot of problems with guys like Holyfield and Lewis.
                      That's just not true.

At the time, people thought he would reign for 100 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X