Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: I Can't Let America Think All Brits Are Like Price!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    In reality, him and Fury are relatively unknown.

I'd say that most young, casual sports fans are at least aware of Fury.He's been fighting on Channel 5 for the last two years and has done an excellent job in self-promotion.Not to mention the level of fame that he's achieved from that clip of him punching himself in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Not really. You make out as if Price was a household name. Then again, posters don't really tend to know what they are talking about on here.

To be fair, Thompson doesn't get enough praise. He's no ATG, but he isn't a bum. He's really only lost to Wlad twice (the first fight being pretty harsh for Wlad) whilst hes been at the top of his career.

Price was just one of those fighters that people seem to think are Britain's next hope. In reality, him and Fury are relatively unknown. The big fighters for us are Froch, Khan and Haye. Froch needs no justification, he's a warrior, as is Khan, willing to fight anybody. Haye is the 2nd/3rd best heavyweight out there. People think he was dominated by Wlad, when in reality, it was only Wlad's jab that won that fight. Nothing of any note was landed, apart from one or two right hands, in the whole fight between them. If you call that domination, then your agenda is pretty big. He gets a lot of flak for that fight because of the pre-fight hype he made, and delivered a boring performance, as did Wlad. He doesn't get flak for being dominated by Wlad.

We don't need to justify our top fighters, they do it themselves. This US/UK rivalry thing is pathetic.
      There seemed to be a general consensus among many posters that Price would even take over after Wlad. I actually made a thread on this last year, and around 80 percent of people said Price could take over and dominate the hw division in the future (rather than other contenders).
      Nobody talked about Fury in that thread (maybe 1 or 2 posters).

You also mention the Wlad-Haye fight.
      Wlad outclassed Haye in every department and made him look timid, to say the least. It was a masterpiece performance by Wlad (courtesy of Steward).

And Haye is done, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        lol sure.

I'm glad that big stiff idiot got banjo'd
        Just try and tell me that the British viewers who tuned in (let alone those seated in the arena) didn't get stunned by the shock of that KO.

Comment

It seems like Brits do an absurdly amount of sucking up to Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            I'd say that most young, casual sports fans are at least aware of Fury.He's been fighting on Channel 5 for the last two years and has done an excellent job in self-promotion.Not to mention the level of fame that he's achieved from that clip of him punching himself in the face.
            already had this conversation with techliam. the man clearly has no social life if he believes that Price is even nearly as known as Fury is. lololol

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              There seemed to be a general consensus among many posters that Price would even take over after Wlad. I actually made a thread on this last year, and around 80 percent of people said Price could take over and dominate the hw division in the future (rather than other contenders).
              i said at the time that all those people were utterly clueless...

...and i was proven correct last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post

You also mention the Wlad-Haye fight.
                Wlad outclassed Haye in every department and made him look timid, to say the least. It was a masterpiece performance by Wlad (courtesy of Steward).

And Haye is done, deal with it.
                But still performed heaps better than Vitali in their recent ountings against a common opponent. Not done, just lost on the night.

Comment

Working...
                X