No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Too bad he didn't actually WIN that fight and Chavez lost to a guy Floyd beat. Some even say Chavez was pas prime when Whitaker fought him being that he had around 80 fights!
    So what if he did? Most of them were against scrubs since he had no amateur experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      yep.......................
      Are you going to respond to this stupid ****ing logic being de bunked.

10 years from now, Pacquaio will have beaten more HOF inductees than Ray Leonard.

He will have beaten more Champions.

He will have more belts per weight class?

Is he greater than him?

Answer the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
        ive seen the fight 100 times man.it was a close fight
        Oh my lord.

You are literally a ******.

No other way to explain it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          This **** is still going on !??!!
          It's still going on because we have comments like this;

"Whitaker didn't beat Chavez, it was a draw"

"Mosley's Lightweight resume>>>>Nelson's career"

"Gomez was in his prime 10 years into his career" (While checking Boxrec he obviously forgot his favourite fighter was in his prime 10 years into his career)

"Mayweather beat more Champions and has more belts so he's greater" So is Pacquaio greater than Oscar? *Crickets*

"Hernandez beat Nelson and Mayweather dominated Hernandez so Mayweather's win over Hernandez>>>Whitaker's win over Nelson"

Dirk said it best, Cocaine and Boxrec simply don't mix.

This thread has been on the most ******ed things I've ever witnessed.

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          You must be going senile Old Timer, Jofre wiped the floor with him.
          You're in denial.

He was dominated, twice!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Oh, fair enough.

But whether or not he should have been ranked there, he was ranked there.

And not just by The Ring either. By everyone.
            Yeah, I know he was rated there officially, but that's as laughable as saying Whitaker only has a draw against Chavez and didn't actually beat him. That's the official verdict, but the reality?

Guys like Larry will genuinely now say that Mayweather beating Mosley was better then Whitaker beating Nelson because Mosley was pound for pound number 3 and Nelson 7.

Mosley shooting to 3rd place after losing in 2007, nearly being outboxed by Mayorga in 2008, and looking closer to a top ten P4P shot fighter, then having one good win is just plain funny.

We might as well also ignore the year and a half layoff, the 38 years of age, the losses and clear decline leading up to it and focus on the perception that Mosley being rated at number 3 must mean that Mayweather faced the same Mosley that was rated number 3 six years previous when he was 32 and beating Oscar. Is beating Antonio Margarito worthy of any fighter going from 0 to 3rd best fighter in the world?

So, who's Jofre? Was he some guy Whitaker fought? Must have been **** cause I never heard of him and he don't got 5 division titles and he probably only beat one or two crappy bum champs. Where was he in the P4P ratings when this Whitaker guy might have maybe fought him? Even if he didn't fight him, he's a bum and just proves my point that Whitaker is unskilled and Nelson crap and Chavez got a draw with Whitaker. Suck it.
            Last edited by BennyST; 05-15-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Yeah, I know he was rated there officially, but that's as laughable as saying Whitaker only has a draw against Chavez and didn't actually beat him. That's the official verdict, but the reality?

Guys like Larry will genuinely now say that Mayweather beating Mosley was better then Whitaker beating Nelson because Mosley was pound for pound number 3 and Nelson 7.

Mosley shooting to 3rd place after losing in 2007, nearly being outboxed by Mayorga in 2008, and looking closer to a top ten P4P shot fighter, then having one good win is just plain funny.

We might as well also ignore the year and a half layoff, the 38 years of age, the losses and clear decline leading up to it and focus on the perception that Mosley being rated at number 3 must mean that Mayweather faced the same Mosley that was rated number 3 six years previous when he was 32 and beating Oscar. Is beating Antonio Margarito worthy of any fighter going from 0 to 3rd best fighter in the world?
              Yeah I agree.

But I do think that win has become underrated since it's happened.

Besides, everyone was asking for it, everyone was saying Mayweather was ducking him and everyone said it Mayweather's wins he gets full credit.

After the fight? Not so much.

But I agree P4P #3 was a little high but I'm just saying that's where he was ranked worldwide, across the board.

Comment

"Gomez was in his prime 10 years into his career" (While checking Boxrec he obviously forgot his favourite fighter was in his prime 10 years into his career)

"Mayweather beat more Champions and has more belts so he's greater" So is Pacquaio greater than Oscar? *Crickets*

"Hernandez beat Nelson and Mayweather dominated Hernandez so Mayweather's win over Hernandez>>>Whitaker's win over Nelson"

You're in denial.

He was dominated, twice!
                You forgot the quote now in my sig, easily the dumbest.

Comment

You bet your damn ass he is.

Comment

You're in denial.

He was dominated, twice!
                    How do you list all those and not the worst of all, by far?

"Duran is a flat footed carbon copy of Baldomir."

Comment

• I don't understand posters like Larry. Are they real? Is he someone's alt? TO make a thread like this and blindly defend your position to the point to where you utter some of the dumbest **** ever said on here...just wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X