Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone give Berto a chance against Quintana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
    Berto is gonna splatter Quintana`s face all over the mat.
    Do you think he will stop Quintana?

Comment

Quintana is a bit more experienced than Collazo and Berto had a rough night with Collazo.

Comment

LOL damn, where have I been in the past week? From what I saw before, a lot of people were picking Quintana to win because of his experience and his dominant victories over top opposition like Joel Julio and Paul Williams.

I guess that's changed recently.

Comment

i'm betting this bout goes the distance. anyone think otherwise:
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=374658

Comment

Quintana is a sacrificial lamb, Berto should beat him easily. If not, it says a lot about him.

Comment

To many factors are up against Quintana, first off, the fight card is billed "Fighting for Haiti" and we all know who's the Haitian in the main event, with this in mind we all know who will be the protected fighter in the night, secondly, between both fighters Berto is Dibellas favorite also the HBO fighter, third, even though Berto is haitian he was born and raised in Florida making him the house fighter, forth, Florida boxing commission is notorious for it's bad desicions, remember Cintron vs. Martinez, lastly, I believe Quintana's abilities have been diminished because of age, certainly Quintana does not look good in those pictures and I don't think he'll be as sharp as he's been in the past. If Quintana wants to pull a victory, he'll have to knockout Berto or put on a classic boxing beating, leaving Berto tee off with his explosive combo's will lose him the close rounds specially in Florida at Berto backyard...

In the end I see Berto winning by UD.

Won't be surprise if I have a dejavu of Berto v. Collazo...

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PLANAS View Post

Won't be surprise if I have a dejavu of Berto v. Collazo...
                How will it be a dejavu of that? Quintana doesn't even fight like Collazo. Collazo is an inside fighter, were not going to get a war out of Berto vs Quintana and if we do it won't favor Quintana one bit. I'm thinking its going to be a boxing-match, and if Berto is able to get in the inside he can do damage to Quintana and possibly stop him in the mid-rounds.

I know Berto isn't the strongest puncher(meaning like he is like Cotto, and he wears opponents down before taking them out) but Quintanas weakness is inside fighting. That also happens to be one of Berto's weaknesses but lucky for Berto Quintana is not known for his inside boxing atleast the fights I've seen Quintana seems to be comfortable on the outside.

Comment

I think berto will win decisively but i dont think he will stop quintana, if he does i will be very very impressed and he will be on the cusp of the welterweight elite, maybe he will get another shot at shane mosley if mayweather beats him which i think he will.

Adding berto to the mix will just create even more mouth watering matchups in the division

Comment

Meaning a tight controversial decision, but IMO I don't think Quintana is as sharp as he looked 2 to 3 years ago, on the other hand Berto can go off for periods of moments but then he sort of stops and lays there to be hit, even tho, Berto's youth and speed will carry him to a victory plus he has the blessing of Dibella, HBO and the Florida Boxing C omission, Quintana will have to pull a miracle to get a W...

Comment

Haven't seen Quintana lately but if he's close to his normal self I think it'll be competiive and go to the cards wit Andre winning...

Comment

Working...
                      X