Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Hopkins get his ring status back after Calzaghe loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Hopkins get his ring status back after Calzaghe loss?

After the Calzaghe loss and after Joe retired somehow Hopkins was the Ring champion again for a while. I don't think he is now but how did that happen?

Hopkins never regained the Ring belt. He did retain a top rating at LHW, and he stayed in the top spot a bit longer after beating Pavlik at 170.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      After the Calzaghe loss and after Joe retired somehow Hopkins was the Ring champion again for a while. I don't think he is now but how did that happen?
      Clyde is right. In the ring rankings, you don't fall very far after an l becuz the other contenders didn't beat you, you are still considered better than people who were ranked lower than you, unless it's a really bad loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Clyde is right. In the ring rankings, you don't fall very far after an l becuz the other contenders didn't beat you, you are still considered better than people who were ranked lower than you, unless it's a really bad loss.
        I would have thought that they would have just naturally bumped Bad Chad up as #1 after Joe retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I would have thought that they would have just naturally bumped Bad Chad up as #1 after Joe retired.
          that

makes since because bhop hasn't fought anyone ranked at lhw since, well Joe was the ring smw champ so that counts as ranked to the ring. I think I read this am that bhop was bumped to 2 and Chad is 1.

Comment

Hopkins woulda had to fight Dawson after that to get the Ring belt. Ex champ takes the #1 ranking after losing the title but don't get back the belt if the champ gives it up.

Comment

Bhop #3 at 175 right now. I see RJ finally dropped out the top 10. Since RJ got KO'd by Green I take it the rematch is gonna be at LHW instead of CW.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X