Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "brawl" with Cotto, Mosley and Ortiz because his Legs are getting older?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't consider any of that brawling. But it is apparent he has to spend more time on the ropes and doing that he will take more punches.

Comment

There were definitely times in the Cotto fight that he purposely instigated the inside rather than box which he could have. He's on his toes boxing Cotto pretty much rounds 10-12. Someone with shot legs wouldn't be able to do that.

Comment

You don't think your threads through very well, do you?

Comment

He didn't Brawl, he did stand toe to toe at times.

Comment

He's 35 43 fights in a long ass career yes he's slowing down slowly slowing but slowing none the less the fact that you asked this means your slowing faster then he is.

Comment

I'm pretty sure his legs aren't as spry as they were in his younger years (Duuhhhh....)

But I wouldn't say they were completely gone... He hasn't had a good reason to run from anybody in a while so it remains to be seen

Comment

First of all he didn't brawl in those fights but having said that I see what you mean and its obvious that he didn't potshot and dodge as much as he normally does.

Bottom line is that even a past his prime mayweather is still good enough to dominate most other top WW’s. I think if Mayweather was at 70% he would be in much closer fights with the likes of Cotto and Ortiz but the way I see it Floyd is too smart to remain in the game for that long and will quit before that happens. I think he sees the end is in sight and that’s why I think he wants one final fling with boxing and to go out and beat the other top guys before retiring in 12-18 months.

I think if floyd was to have to fight DLH at 154 in 6 months we may see him pot-shotting and boxing off the back foot more than we have seen him recently. However he would not be as effective at this as he was in 2002-2007.

Comment

he uses less movement because he's older and fights more on experience now. has nothing to do with being older.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    he uses less movement because he's older and fights more on experience now. has nothing to do with being older.
                    Bro, you just contradicted yourself in one post!

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                      Floyd seems to stand in the pocket more than before and it started with the Mosley fight, went on through to the Cotto fight. He still uses footwork better than any average fighter but I'm wondering if his legs are getting older so he doesn't use it as much. I think Floyd claimed he fought that way to make the fights more entertaining, but is the real reason just that his legs aren't what they used to be?

Against Marquez it looked like Floyd had some great footwork, but I think it's misleading because Marquez didn't make the weight very well for that fight, he wasn't in the same sort of condition as the third Pacquiao fight so it could have made Floyd's footwork seem more impressive. Since that fight, Floyd's looked like he's lost a step, but is it for entertainment or are his legs starting to go?
                      Ask Floyd if he still has 'IT'? He says he doesn't know. He should fight Manny and then retire. Forget Alvarez, Martinez and moving up in weight...

Comment

Working...
                      X