No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Tommy "The Duke" Morrison....AKA "Tommy Gunn"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you rank Tommy "The Duke" Morrison....AKA "Tommy Gunn"

So I was trying to find the Martinez Pavlik fight somewhere to watch....and inevitably (as always) I ended up on youtube checking out some old fights and some of my fav massive ko's....just then I came across a highlight reel for Tommy "The Duke" Morrison.....and I realized.....this kat was pretty damn legit and had some great KO's in his time....that left hook of his was something of beauty.....but no one ever seems to talk about "The Duke" got me wondering what ya'll think of him.....

I know he is trying to make a comeback...he looks to be in great shape (HIV claims aside of course)....wonder if he can make anything of a comeback in this weakass HW we got now a days!!!

Tommy "The Duke" was an elite HW in his time!!!
    23.53%
    He was an average fighter
    58.82%
    He was a bum with a lucky left hook
    11.76%
    WTF??????? I though Rocky was fake!!!!
    5.88%
    Last edited by extracurRICular; 04-21-2010, 12:35 PM.

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    So I was trying to find the Martinez Pavlik fight somewhere to watch....and inevitably (as always) I ended up on youtube checking out some old fights and some of my fav massive ko's....just then I came across a highlight reel for Tommy "The Duke" Morrison.....and I realized.....this kat was pretty damn legit and had some great KO's in his time....that left hook of his was something of beauty.....but no one ever seems to talk about "The Duke" got me wondering what ya'll think of him.....

I know he is trying to make a comeback...he looks to be in great shape (HIV claims aside of course)....wonder if we can make anything of a comeback in this weakass HW we got now a days!!!

huh what comeback. he fought once in 2007 once in 2008 and that's it. sounds like a failed comeback attempt to me.

Comment

i rank him absolutly nowhere..good solid fighter but nothing great..still remember mercer knocking him the **** out

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
        huh what comeback. he fought once in 2007 once in 2008 and that's it. sounds like a failed comeback attempt to me.
        lol..cosign............................

Comment

I mean sure he was elite. Not atg and probably not HOF material. He was just a good fighter period.

Too many people on this site view things too black and white, someone either has to be the GOAT or they're a bum. There's no in between. Newsflash: a good 75% of fighters are just "good" not "great" and not "bums/journeyman".

Tommy Morrison was a good fighter in an Ok era.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
            lol..cosign............................
            Yeah his last fight was in 08 but he is trying to comeback....still can't get a lic in the states though.....but that's not here nor there....im asking if you guys think he was elite back in the day???

Comment

I mean sure he was elite. Not atg and probably not HOF material. He was just a good fighter period.

Too many people on this site view things too black and white, someone either has to be the GOAT or they're a bum. There's no in between. Newsflash: a good 75% of fighters are just "good" not "great" and not "bums/journeyman".

Tommy Morrison was a good fighter in an Ok era.
              I can get with that.....most fighters are good...only a few can be considered ATG's no doubt.......this kat was a big player in the HW for a minute though....and he sure did have some power....

Comment

Like I said yeah he was elite. He KTFO Razor Ruddock(really one of only 3 people that beat him...Tyson, Lewis and Morrison), beat George Foreman by UD before Foreman won the title by KTFO Moorer...etc

Comment

I know he is trying to make a comeback...he looks to be in great shape (HIV claims aside of course)....wonder if he can make anything of a comeback in this weakass HW we got now a days!!!

He's top 5 ATG HW right now.....but ahead of him are definately Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago and of course Rocky Balboa.....Tarver...I mean Mason Dixon.

Comment

Good solid contender that hit very hard. Excellent left hook. Exciting to watch. Weak chin and poor stamina. Nothing more than that.

Comment

Working...
                    X