Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's true, how the hell did Guerrero talk himself into a Floyd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's true, how the hell did Guerrero talk himself into a Floyd fight?

Plenty of rumor about Floyd facing the Ghost. What the hell has Guerrero done? I give Floyd full credit for fighting Cotto. Cotto was one of the best and most deserving opponents Floyd has fought in recent years. But who was he sandwiched between, if Guerrero is next? Two guys who got tough decision wins over Andre Berto at 147, and that's all they've ever done at welterweight. Come on Floyd. Dare to be great again, like you did when you fought Cotto.

Not like there are many options, unfortunately.

Comment

through 2 tough fights and put him self into the position to even be considered. No talking involved

Comment

because berto is the gate keeper to mayweather

Comment

this fight isn't as big of a joke as it was when gurerrero first started talking about it. he's proven himself some what at 147. bradley, canelo and trout are better fights though.

Comment

Hungry mouths get fed~

Comment

He beat one of the best P4P fighters

Comment

He just got in a good position where people like him (including me) because he has the heart to get him through tough fights but this is a mismatch not even an underdog fight he has no skills whatsoever to overcome Mayweather. Would this even be pay per view? Because i wouldn't even bother to stream it.

He deserves it, but the fact that he has no chance makes it a stupid match.
                Last edited by DannYankee; 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  this fight isn't as big of a joke as it was when gurerrero first started talking about it. he's proven himself some what at 147. bradley, canelo and trout are better fights though.
                  I agree it's not as bad as it once was, but how is Floyd not thinking bigger? He might fight 2 or 3 more times before we really see his skills slip. Take on the big names. Call out Martinez, call out Canelo, even Bradley is ok. But Guerrero has beatin Aydin, who no one in the US ever heard of, and Berto, who lost to soft as hell Victor Ortiz. He's beat alot top guys 20 lbs south of 147, but why is he on Floyd's radar with a couple of wins against sub-elite competition? I just don't get it. Only thing I can think of is he really believes his skills are slipping and wants to play it safe.

Comment

if he just fights rob g this year ill be very disappointed, i really want him to bypass rob g but if he does fight him he needs to fight canelo or someone else this september.

Comment

Working...
                    X