Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Brandon Rios, Timothy Bradley and K-9 Bundrage The 3 Names We Gave Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Good for you. Tell me how that goes.
    Well, I would but he doesn't have an opponent, the last guy ran away unexpectedly. We all thought Canelo had the balls to face Cotto in NY, even diva Cotto goes on the road. Alas, Canelo it was Schaefer and Haymon who were building Canelo not Oscar, that ducking mentality seems to have stuck around.

Comment

• I mean damn how hard is it to just admit these are **** fights damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! fight a ranked 160 pounder atleast...stop making excuses just because you are a Cotto fan..if any other damn fighter did this you'd be on their ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Well, I would but he doesn't have an opponent, the last guy ran away unexpectedly. We all thought Canelo had the balls to face Cotto in NY, even diva Cotto goes on the road. Alas, Canelo it was Schaefer and Haymon who were building Canelo not Oscar, that ducking mentality seems to have stuck around.
        So how about fighting a ranked 160 pounder???or,or fight GGG he is free and ready for June

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          So how about fighting a ranked 160 pounder???or,or fight GGG he is free and ready for June
          Not to mention GGG has specifically called out Cotto during his last 3 post fight interviews.

Comment

Then how the **** you know Cotto is going to make more than Canelo you damn moron?!?!

Diva Cotto goes on the road? When? To fight Mayorga? Don't even mention Pac/Floyd cause I'm sure every boxer would.

Ducking mentality? Canelo's last 4 fights have been more impressive than Cotto's. On top of that, Canelo scored a win over the guy that beat Cotto.

Oh but here it comes........the Cotto did better against Floyd crap ......never seen a fan base being so proud of a loss that was at best 8-4/9-3.
            Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 02-23-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Two wrongs don't make a right.

You have to admit they are all bad fights. Bundrage lost to Ishe Smith and Grady Brewer for crying out loud. Rios has never even fought past welterweight.

Cotto only really loses to the best (sans Trout).

He's better than fighting these guys. Fans will feel cheated if this stuff is actually true.
              Trolling aside Cotto/Canelo isn't going to happen and Cotto wants to fight... Personally, given the names I'd rather see Rios. He's bigger than Bradley and while Cotto beats the **** out of him, I think it'd be more entertaining because of their styles. I'm not saying that's who he should fight. If he wants to call himself a MW and stay in that division he should fight a MW. Lee, Geale, Quillen... I think Cotto would beat them all and people couldn't talk **** but still would. I'm going to get the hate as if I control his career but I don't, he's simply not fighting GGG, ever.

Anyway, I'm okay with Bradley if it's not on PPV because I wouldn't pay for that fight, or either of the ones even I mentioned. The MW title should not be on the line, though. But it's a good fight in terms of quality of guys, Cotto is a much better boxer and will probably decapitate Bradley but if I can't get Cotto/Canelo I'll take whatever the best realistic option is out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                Then how the **** you know Cotto is going to make more than Canelo you damn moron?!?!

Diva Cotto goes on the road? When? To fight Mayorga? Don't even mention Pac/Floyd cause I'm sure every boxer would.

Ducking mentality? Canelo's last 4 fights have been more impressive than Cotto's. On top of that, Canelo scored a win over the guy that beat Canelo.

Oh but here it comes........the Cotto did better against Floyd crap ......never seen a fan base being so proud of a loss that was at best 8-4/9-3.
                You're funny, you say when did Cotto go on the road? Then say "Not against the two biggest times he was on the road." Fine, he fought Margarito, THE FIRST TIME in Vegas. Yep he lost, yep he got killed, did marg use wraps? Who cares. Cotto had the nuts to do it, even as a f@g. Canelo, your straight boy "warrior" does not.

Canelo's last four fights? The only difference in their last four fights has been two opponents. Rodriguez for Cotto instead of Angulo and Martinez instead of Lara... why did you even bring that up? Canelo fought at MW two of those times and got lucky against Lara. Cotto actually fought a MW and clearly won...

Just stop man, I honestly just made you look foolish and I wasn't even trying to.

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                How come Martinez got away with it to face Cotto? Double standards, that's all it is. If he defends the title he should fight a ranked fighter, I agree. He should fight GGG as well calling himself a MW, it isn't going to happen. Floyd got to duck the best WW while he was in the division for 7 years, I'm okay, and you should be too, with giving Cotto one ****ty defense, no? It took you 7 years to turn on Floyd, why so easy with Cotto?

Cotto doesn't want to retire, that's why he isn't fighting GGG. It's a duck and I stopped caring just like I did after Floyd with Manny all those years because I felt it would never happen. Why am I going to go through that for a night I KNOW will never happen? Cotto should fight Geale, Lee, Quillon in my opinion. They are all winnable fights and it'd shut people up to a degree, but I don't control his career.

Comment

You're funny, you say when did Cotto go on the road? Then say "Not against the two biggest times he was on the road." Fine, he fought Margarito, THE FIRST TIME in Vegas. Yep he lost, yep he got killed, did marg use wraps? Who cares. Cotto had the nuts to do it, even as a f@g. Canelo, your straight boy "warrior" does not.

Canelo's last four fights? The only difference in their last four fights has been two opponents. Rodriguez for Cotto instead of Angulo and Martinez instead of Lara... why did you even bring that up? Canelo fought at MW two of those times and got lucky against Lara. Cotto actually fought a MW and clearly won...

Just stop man, I honestly just made you look foolish and I wasn't even trying to.

How come Martinez got away with it to face Cotto? Double standards, that's all it is. If he defends the title he should fight a ranked fighter, I agree. He should fight GGG as well calling himself a MW, it isn't going to happen. Floyd got to duck the best WW while he was in the division for 7 years, I'm okay, and you should be too, with giving Cotto one ****ty defense, no? It took you 7 years to turn on Floyd, why so easy with Cotto?

Cotto doesn't want to retire, that's why he isn't fighting GGG. It's a duck and I stopped caring just like I did after Floyd with Manny all those years because I felt it would never happen. Why am I going to go through that for a night I KNOW will never happen? Cotto should fight Geale, Lee, Quillon in my opinion. They are all winnable fights and it'd shut people up to a degree, but I don't control his career.
                  all you do is try to point fingers and discredit other fighters...Floyd has faced the top fighter in all 5 divisions he has been to and been lineal in 4 of them...you can not compare him to Cotto...And Martinez was fighting ranked middleweights and sold his title to Cotto...Cotto should be looking for fights at 160 and not trying to ****ing bring up ww's and small ww's at that....it is disgusting and the fact you actually support it is weird as hell

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    all you do is try to point fingers and discredit other fighters...Floyd has faced the top fighter in all 5 divisions he has been to and been lineal in 4 of them...you can not compare him to Cotto...And Martinez was fighting ranked middleweights and sold his title to Cotto...Cotto should be looking for fights at 160 and not trying to ****ing bring up ww's and small ww's at that....it is disgusting and the fact you actually support it is weird as hell
                    Oooh... I hit sour topic didn't I? I held someone accountable to Floyd standards and because he's not Floyd he looks like a p*ssy doesn't he? Crazy how that works. If I said GGG won't take a blood test, K2 promoter is a crook, he needs to sign with MP productions... would those excuses be acceptable?

I know Cotto is ducking GGG, I've said he'll never fight him and get KO'd in 4 rounds. People want to see an ass kicking, I get it. It's not going to happen though. Maybe if I said GGG should take a blood test, K2 promotions can't be in the promotion and/or GGG has to join Miguel Cotto Promotions Cotto would get a pass.
                    Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 02-23-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Larry, fighting ggg makes too much sense

And it doesn't fit cotto fans agenda which is to have their hero hold on to a PAPER MEANINGLESS lineal title . Cotto has shamed MIDDLEWEIGHT HISTORY and has brought the sport into DISREPUTE

Comment

Working...
                      X