Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Paulie Malignaggi have improved his power with PED's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
    Malignaggi's low knockout ratio is because of bad hands. There was a time he needed an operation after every fight. He always hurt his hands first round and the hands would swell. He was finally told to either quit boxing or just hit a bit and move. He chose the later.
    Has nothing to do with bad hands, if he punched properly he wouldn't be breaking them all the time and if he got his hips into his shots he would have more KO's, the guy has big legs so you know the base for power is there he just developed bad habit in punching he started boxing at 16 or 17 i believe. He just has poor punch technique he throws shooting arm punches, I have never seen him throw some power hooks, he main throws arm flurry combo without loading up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
      Malignaggi's low knockout ratio is because of bad hands. There was a time he needed an operation after every fight. He always hurt his hands first round and the hands would swell. He was finally told to either quit boxing or just hit a bit and move. He chose the latter.

Fighting at such a level in boxing in which he has been performing at with such little power is a difficult task in my opinion. He fought some big punchers in there yet has been able to manage around his power deficit. LOL at the thought of Paulie with 1hit KO power.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
        I thought Paulie's big problem is having to hold back because his hands are such a mess?
        I agree. I think his 'bad' technique was more a result of him accepting that he couldn't really punch because of his hands. Besides, arm punches are easier to throw so that helped increase his already significant speed advantage over most fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
          No way. Power isn't something you all of a sudden get through PEDs. You either have it or you don't. Many boxing trainers have said this.

peds change.

the idea that they can't make you punch harder is silly. of course they can make you punch harder if used in the proper manner. they can make you hit a baseball further.

anybody remember how hard peterson hit khan? he looked like a completely different fighter. he had a limitless gas tank, and his punches were much sharper late in the fight, and he hit harder.

Comment

of course he could have.

would it turn him into julian jackson?
            no

would he punch harder with the proper drugs and training? of course.

Comment

He would punch harder for a little while... then he'd break all the bones in his hands... then he would stop punching harder

Comment

Probably his speed, work rate, and ability to take a punch.

Comment

Working...
                X