• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo Dundee: "Cotto is a Stone Cold Professional Fighter"

ANGELO DUNDEE
    Trainer of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Sugar Ray Leonard

ANALYSIS
    “It’s gonna be a great, great fight. I have seen Cotto train twice now, and he’s a stone cold professional fighter. He was oblivious to the outside world when I saw him training. He’s very focused.

“You have a perfect blending of style in this fight. If I ever had a fighter fighting Pacquiao, I would implement the things that Cotto brings to the table. Certain ingredients that spell Cotto, will give Pacquiao trouble.

“Cotto is a pressure fighter and he’s going to be on Pacquiao from the get go. He’s got a great left hook, he’s a good body puncher and he’s very aggressive. I see a very tough distance fight. There is going to be blood.

Pacquiao takes it to you all the time but in this fight is going to have to back up. He’s a smart, slick, and great hand speed. Cotto counters those things.”

ON THE CORNERS
    “Cotto is his own man. He’s a complete and solid pro. Him and his trainer, they look like they get along just fine. Cotto looks like a man possessed. If something goes wrong, yes, the corner has to step in. But as a trainer, you’re only as good as the fighter.

“When the bell rings, Freddie will be in one corner, the two guys will be in the ring. He won’t be able to fight for Manny. If an emergency happens, he’ll be there. The better one will be Freddie in case of an emergency. You’re talking about a guy who has a wealth of experience. You can’t make a comparison.

Prediction
    “But if you’re looking for an edge, I don’t think the corners will play into the fight. The best guy will win.”
Working...
X