No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
    Lefty peep this. Not sure if it's true. I couldn't find any other articles supporting it but it gives a different story of why Mayweather didn't fight Marg. Have you ever heard this story? Like I said I'm not sure how credible it is but there's a link at the bottom. The original article is long and I skipped to the good part.
    I think it will be hard to find out what really happened... because at the time Floyd was still with Arum so nobody else was involved in these talks... so the only ones knew are Mayweather's camp and Bob Arum I guess...

If this is true Bob Arum will never admit about it because he started this whole Floyd is a ducker, fraud etc. campaign...

And if Mayweather says it was like that... you can say yeah, well... I would say that too you know... I guess what happened will remain a history

Comment

• Imdazed, that's some good info on that Don King shenanigans in regards to Margarito. but i don't think maragrito beats mayorga at that time either, but I'm bias. i got no love for margarito....but sound like somethign Don King would do and that is exactly what happened as well. All of them were Don King fighters and they all fought each other. Similar to what arum is doing now with pacquiao.

Comment

• I think Margarito would KO Mayorga in a war but I aint a fan of either guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
          Imdazed, that's some good info on that Don King shenanigans in regards to Margarito. but i don't think maragrito beats mayorga at that time either, but I'm bias. i got no love for margarito....but sound like somethign Don King would do and that is exactly what happened as well. All of them were Don King fighters and they all fought each other. Similar to what arum is doing now with pacquiao.
          I thought Margarito had the kryptonite for Mayorga. Imagine a young version of the guy you saw against Cotto? Geezus Christ.

But yeah, he got froze out and had to fight the tough no names just so that years later, people could say "who did he beat?"

Comment

• This video sums up the sentiment of REAL BOXING FANS everywhere:

Comment

• Originally posted by Foodie One View Post
              This video sums up the sentiment of REAL BOXING FANS everywhere:

I love that video that was the ****ing best thing I ever saw. Especially the part where he says he is a Shane Mosley fan and Shane Mosley is a WW and to stop talking bout the past and he got 5 losses he lost to three people and you aint never fought none of them you aint never even thought about fighting none of them....LOL...Lefty

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                I don't believe he's ducked all the fighters some say he has but yeah he does contradict himself a lot...

Some of ya'll say u respect what he does in the ring, and then go and say he's fought bums, old fighters, and smaller opponents...make your mind up...
                The thing is, its hard to tell just how good he really is at this weight because he hasn't fought anyone good at 147. Alot of Floyd fans base his talent and his skill on fights where he should have easily won. But no one has seen him in there against a guy who can match up with him. Its kinda like playing a video game on the "easy" setting. Sure its fun and it looks cool, but what does it really prove? I'm glad he's working on this Mosley fight, we can see how good he really is.

Comment

• I can walk around all day saying I am the best at 147 but my actions tell you that I am reluctant to prove it. I speak about having an undefeated record and this guy has 5 losses and this guy got beat. The truth is if you fight top competition for along enough time eventually your are going to get beat.

Sugar Ray Robinson had 173 wins with 108 knock out. He fought most of his career at WW. He is recognized as the best MW ever by most. When he fought for the Light HW Championship against Joey Maxim he was out weighed by about 15lbs. He won that fight by TKO. He started out as a light weight and went 27-0 before moving up to WW back then there was no junior weight classes. You went from 135 to 147. He was 35-0 when he fought The Bronk Bull jake LaMotta. LaMotta was the MW Champion and Ray was coming up from Welter Welter Weight. Ray weighed 145 in that fight and Jake was 158lbs. Ray took the title from Jake that night. He was a WW fighting a MW and he was still knocking people out. He went from LW to LHW to KO the Champ at 175lbs.

So you are going to claim you are the best and compare yourself to a man like this who never backed down from a fight. A man who took every title from WW to LHW and not only fought and beat TOP competition but he himself was often the smaller man. he beat them and he stopped them dead in their tracks. Come on you are going to RED K me for making and obvious point in a thread that was unbiased just simply throwing around facts...Lefty

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                    I can walk around all day saying I am the best at 147 but my actions tell you that I am reluctant to prove it. I speak about having an undefeated record and this guy has 5 losses and this guy got beat. The truth is if you fight top competition for along enough time eventually your are going to get beat.

Sugar Ray Robinson had 173 wins with 108 knock out. He fought most of his career at WW. He is recognized as the best MW ever by most. When he fought for the Light HW Championship against Joey Maxim he was out weighed by about 15lbs. He won that fight by TKO. He started out as a light weight and went 27-0 before moving up to WW back then there was no junior weight classes. You went from 135 to 147. He was 35-0 when he fought The Bronk Bull jake LaMotta. LaMotta was the MW Champion and Ray was coming up from Welter Welter Weight. Ray weighed 145 in that fight and Jake was 158lbs. Ray took the title from Jake that night. He was a WW fighting a MW and he was still knocking people out. He went from LW to LHW to KO the Champ at 175lbs.

So you are going to claim you are the best and compare yourself to a man like this who never backed down from a fight. A man who took every title from WW to LHW and not only fought and beat TOP competition but he himself was often the smaller man. he beat them and he stopped them dead in their tracks. Come on you are going to RED K me for making and obvious point in a thread that was unbiased just simply throwing around facts...Lefty
                    Excellent post. What Robinson has achieved, nobody has come close to matching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                      The thing is, its hard to tell just how good he really is at this weight because he hasn't fought anyone good at 147. Alot of Floyd fans base his talent and his skill on fights where he should have easily won. But no one has seen him in there against a guy who can match up with him. Its kinda like playing a video game on the "easy" setting. Sure its fun and it looks cool, but what does it really prove? I'm glad he's working on this Mosley fight, we can see how good he really is.
                      Judah was a valid opponent when Floyd fought him...people wanted to see that fight because of the styles matchup...now it looks like a decent win...

Numerous people picked Baldomir to beat Floyd believing as the fight would go on, Baldomir the bigger man would pressure Floyd and get to him...

And I'm a fan of Floyd's for what he's done already not what he might do in some potential fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X