No announcement yet.

Jumping Rope

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    i do 15 minutes total. i take 1 minute breaks whenever i trip. usually works out to be about 3 minute rounds.

i love jumping rope for like the first minute-- after that it's so f-ing boring.
    Haha this is true.

Comment

can someone help me? i have just started back at the gym and i have noticed my stamina has gotten really low....i struggle to do 1 min non stop on the jump rope....can anybody give me a schedule of what i should do to slowly build my stamina up and not wake up with aching, sore leg muscles...thanks...

Comment

I typically end my workouts with 20-45 minutes of jumping rope. I vary the intensity and the duration based on what I'm feeling like/what I want to achieve.

I think jumping rope by rounds is pointless (unless you're so good at it that you can make it a workout in 3 minutes).

Comment

Originally posted by killsomething View Post
          I typically end my workouts with 20-45 minutes of jumping rope. I vary the intensity and the duration based on what I'm feeling like/what I want to achieve.

I think jumping rope by rounds is pointless (unless you're so good at it that you can make it a workout in 3 minutes).

I think jumping rope for 45 minutes is pointless unless your techniques are so basic that you can't make a good intense workout in less time.

Comment

Originally posted by RIP_ApolloCreed View Post
            can someone help me? i have just started back at the gym and i have noticed my stamina has gotten really low....i struggle to do 1 min non stop on the jump rope....can anybody give me a schedule of what i should do to slowly build my stamina up and not wake up with aching, sore leg muscles...thanks...
            Its so simple. Just work on a progress mode. If you cant do it on 1 min. straight. Do it in a 30 sec straight, then rest 30 sec or more. Then try to make your jump rope longer a bit and your rest shorter. Practice, practice, practice until you get back in shape.

Comment

I think jumping rope for 45 minutes is pointless unless your techniques are so basic that you can't make a good intense workout in less time.
              They are lol.

(And I only go that long when I've missed a run or something earlier in the day.)

Comment

I tried jump rope the other day at TDK school...I couldnt get it down, I just couldnt get the rhythm. Its probably just me because my master always gets me to do these crazy things to improve rhythm and coordination.

Comment

dude, hurricane kick your rope first teach that ***** a lesson

Comment

Working...
                  X