No announcement yet.

South Korea Buries 1.4 Million Pigs Alive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    At least stick some water in and hook up some electricity.
    the smell would surely be counterproductive...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i'll start by saying that it's awful that this has to happen. measures should have been taken beforehand to prevent it. it appears as though it's not monetarily possible for a humane solution to be found.

i'm not sure if you've been around barn animals or dogs before, but there's a huge difference between a family pet and livestock (live - stock. aka food.)

do you know how difficult/dangerous that would be, or how long it would take to shoot 1.4 million, robust pigs? this isn't one or two pigs. systematically executing that many pigs would cost insane amounts of money and take months. pigs are big animals. they're domesticated, but it's not like you can put them on a leash and lead them somewhere. you coax them from pen to pen, similarly to the way you move a cow or a bull. it's a labor instensitve, time consuming process.

these are baby / adolescent pigs.

they don't have that kind of time or money. it'd be ideal if they did, but they do not.

they don't shoot livestock anymore anyway. aint you ever seen no country for old men? shooting them would be dangerous as f#ck. somebody would eventually catch a bouncing bullet and get killed.
      about 10 years ago there was an outbreak of foot and mouth disease in pigs, cattle and sheep.

i live on a farm and was under "quarantine" for a few days while a neighbors livestock were investigated (false alarm). If his sheep had tested positive all our cattle would've probably been slaughtered. I think about 10 millions cows and sheep were slaughtered and burned on the farms. Heart breaking stuff for the farmers involved.

Young stock were injected to be killed, and older animals were shot, but not with bullets but by the same bolt stun gun that's used in abattoirs. They called in the TA to help with the cull. There's no need to bury them alive imo (unless they're unconscience). Burying them can also infect the water supply.

Comment

First off, the fact that this is about actual swine and not pigs as in police, is truly disturbing, and disappointing. That being said, it's both unfortunate and inhumane that they couldn't hand out knives and employ otherwise unemployed and hungry citizens to do it; get paid, and give the animals a swifter death with no suffering. I woulda done it for 20 and hour.

Comment

This looks like a job for Anton Chigurh. I bet he'd get a boner just thinking about how many targets there'd be to hunt.

Comment

Working...
          X