Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis stated that Mike Tyson would have never been able to beat him. Agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    I agree that holyfield at his best beats any version of tyson based on styles but I still feel that a young tyson would have caught lewis at some point and stopped him

Very true,,, tyson will always have a punchers chance,,, I just dont like his track record vs tall, rangy fighters with a jab,,,,

buster, green both caused him problems in his prime,,, grant i dont think mike was very motivated in the buster fight, and buster was super motivated,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      [/B]

Very true,,, tyson will always have a punchers chance,,, I just dont like his track record vs tall, rangy fighters with a jab,,,,

buster, green both caused him problems in his prime,,, grant i dont think mike was very motivated in the buster fight, and buster was super motivated,,,,
      he did have trouble starching the bigger boys but he did win fairly comfortably plus lewis's chin was always somewhat questionable. its debatable tho. I just slightly favor tyson

Comment

he did have trouble starching the bigger boys but he did win fairly comfortably plus lewis's chin was always somewhat questionable. its debatable tho. I just slightly favor tyson
        I think lewis' chin gets alot of heat just because he got ko'd in fights he wasnt motivated for,,,

1st mccall and rahman fights, lewis was a huge favorite and these guys werent viewed as threats,,,

Lewis took them lightly and paid the price,, but in the rematches he destroyed them,,,
        grant it, mccall had a crackhead breakdown, but rahman was completely destroyed by a motivated lewis,,,

chin wasnt lewis' problem, it was motivation.

i have seen holyfield, tyson, bruno, mercer, vitali all land hard shots and lewis took them pretty well,,,

Comment

• If they fought 10 times, both in prime's then Lewis would come off better for sure.

Comment

I think lewis' chin gets alot of heat just because he got ko'd in fights he wasnt motivated for,,,

1st mccall and rahman fights, lewis was a huge favorite and these guys werent viewed as threats,,,

Lewis took them lightly and paid the price,, but in the rematches he destroyed them,,,
            grant it, mccall had a crackhead breakdown, but rahman was completely destroyed by a motivated lewis,,,

chin wasnt lewis' problem, it was motivation.

i have seen holyfield, tyson, bruno, mercer, vitali all land hard shots and lewis took them pretty well,,,
            yea,,,his chin is underrated but I still dont think it was great and tyson could crack many an average to descent chin

Comment

yea,,,his chin is underrated but I still dont think it was great and tyson could crack many an average to descent chin
              For sure,, you are right about that...

Comment

• Tyson in his prime does not get beat.

Comment

i think lewis could weather the storm early, and then beat him down after 5,6 rounds......
                  This is what I'm thinking also. Something tells me Lewis would survive his early ferociousness and start putting his size to use in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X