• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of guys here think Pacquiao's nice guy persona is a fake

Hateration aside.

Why?

"Be real, be a filipino, I won the fight"

Comment

I don't think his persona is "fake" per say, but I think it is greatly exaggerated. I do believe he is a genuinely nice guy (except to his wife), but because Philippines is so heavily Christian I think they play up his faith and things like that to make him more appealing over there.

Also this idea of him starving on the streets teaching himself to box is complete horse****...he was provided room and board by the National Philippines Amateur Team and had 40-50 some bouts as an amateur. Again I think they play up many aspects of him to make him more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
        Hateration aside.

Why?
        you could just as easily titled it "Lots of Floyd fans..." since those hatings usually come from this group only.

the guy is no saint, but writers, journalists, fans, actors, and everyday people local or foreign would say otherwise what haters would.

Comment

the guy is fake as hell, you know he goes home after a hard days training, chows down on a bit of canine then smacks jinky around before knocking one out to abit of kiddie ****!

Comment

dude he's a politician...c'mon now

Comment

Pac's nice guy image is exaggerated to just the same degree Mayweather's bad guy one is.

Comment

Don't think his nice guy persona is fake. Good guy persona? Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                  you could just as easily titled it "Lots of Floyd fans..." since those hatings usually come from this group only.

the guy is no saint, but writers, journalists, fans, actors, and everyday people local or foreign would say otherwise what haters would.
                  I know, but i didnt want to start a flaming war.

I really just want to know why they feel this way.

I myself do think hes a really nice guy. Maybe they play it up a little much in the media, but i believe most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                    Pac's nice guy image is exaggerated to just the same degree Mayweather's bad guy one is.
                    Actually I agree with that statement...to an extent

Comment

Working...
                    X