Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willie Pastrano - Most underserving Hall Of Famer? Or who else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Pastrano - Most underserving Hall Of Famer? Or who else?

I know Barry McGuigan's name usually comes up in this conversation but I feel like they're are others less deserving such as Pastrano.

Who's your pick?

Lazlo Papp springs to mind. Great amateur, but his pro career was cut short before proving he was HOF worthy in my opinion.

Comment

I don't think that Pastrano belongs in the HOF. But the worst inductee is Jess Willard. Take away a win over a tired 37 y/o Jack Johnson, and his career is mediocre at best.

Comment

Arturo Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I don't think that Pastrano belongs in the HOF. But the worst inductee is Jess Willard. Take away a win over a tired 37 y/o Jack Johnson, and his career is mediocre at best.
          True.

But then take away Pastrano's robbery of Harold Johnson and his career is worse than mediocre.

Comment

The Hall of Fame is NOT the Hall of Greatness!
            Willie was famous for boxing and winning against heavyweights to the extent that he was a top ten heavy at 5'10" 180lbs. He beat some good men too by out boxing them because he never had power at any weight.
            He was a top tier light heavy and again used smarts and talent to win.
            Hopkins and Mayweather are applauded for their boxing skills why not Willie?
            More people thought that Ali was coping Willie instead of Robinson back then. In fact Ali as a kid sparred with Willie who was trained by Dundee.

Famous yes...........great No! Very good..Yes!

The "Hall of Very Good"

Ray!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Arturo Gatti.
              Exactly. The only name that should be mentioned.

Comment

At least half of them should not be there. There is always a new nonentity making the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  At least half of them should not be there. There is always a new nonentity making the HOF.
                  Like Riddick Bowe most recently?

Comment

Hall of FAME

Comment

Working...
                    X