Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Deontay Wilder win bronze if he can't box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Deontay Wilder win bronze if he can't box?

Wilder is big strong athletic has speed and can bang but at the same time. It's easy to see the glaring fundamental faults in Wilder's technique and overall boxing. He lacks good boxing skills so how did he win bronze in the Olympics with his telegraphed wide punches and lack of a jab, ring generalship..etc?

Do we underestimate Wilder's boxing ability??

Because he was in a very weak side of the draw, go do some actual research on how he got his bronze

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Because he was in a very weak side of the draw, go do some actual research on how he got his bronze
      I'll do some research later but a weak draw or not he won a bronze medal. You also have to qualify to compete in the Olympics in the first place and most boxers fail when it comes to the qualification. Wilder made it to the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Pretty much.

And also, remember that he went to the Olympics by default (if I remember correctly) based on something like 20 amateur fights.

Also, you don't have to win that many fights to get a bronze medal, and if the draw is with you, you could be lucky.

Comment

I thought he got a gift decision on his last fight before the medal rounds but since the US got some bullshit decisions I wasn't even mad.

Comment

I wonder the same thing as well

Comment

2 wins in a weak draw got him a bronze. Completely worthless.

Comment

Audley Harrison won olympic gold, Tyrell Biggs won olympic gold and the world amateur championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Audley Harrison won olympic gold, Tyrell Biggs won olympic gold and the world amateur championships.
                  Even though Audley was in a weak pool of talents in the Olympics, he was a very good amateur. He was in the final of pretty much every competition he ever lined up in.

Comment

Amateur isn't the pro's, saying that I think you answered your own question. It's because he's big, strong and tall.

Also, the HW division is very weak outside of the bigger names. I think he hits hard but his boxing isn't very good and he looks awkward at times but that right hand is a hammer.

Let's see how he develops.

Comment

Working...
                    X