Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Either way, one of us will
    It doesn't work like that.

I believe you're just trolling anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      It doesn't work like that.

I believe you're just trolling anyway.
      Nah man, Im pretty confident in Fury, people seem to think that at 24 years old he's maxed his potential, that's it he'll never improve. ever.

I take a different view, i belive he is improving, and i think he's got enough to beat this fella whos basically a cruiserweight whos demonstrated half decent pop against no better than average competition

if Fury can't beat him then i'll know he hasn't got it, but I think he has.

Comment

Nah man, Im pretty confident in Fury, people seem to think that at 24 years old he's maxed his potential, that's it he'll never improve. ever.

I take a different view, i belive he is improving, and i think he's got enough to beat this fella whos basically a cruiserweight whos demonstrated half decent pop against no better than average competition

if Fury can't beat him then i'll know he hasn't got it, but I think he has.
        Forget age, it really isn't that important.

He is improving in certain areas but neglecting others which will really make the difference when he steps up. Fury seems to be able to get away with this though because no matter how bad he looks, people only remember the result.

He may end up a decent contender and there is no shame in that but no way in hell does this guy ever become a top heavyweight. Not hatin', just statin'. I also wouldn't be surprised if Boytsov got rid of him inside 2 rounds.

If he wants to maximise his potential though he needs to look elsewhere for training. He's just so flawed at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Forget age, it really isn't that important.

He is improving in certain areas but neglecting others which will really make the difference when he steps up. Fury seems to be able to get away with this though because no matter how bad he looks, people only remember the result.

He may end up a decent contender and there is no shame in that but no way in hell does this guy ever become a top heavyweight. Not hatin', just statin'. I also wouldn't be surprised if Boytsov got rid of him inside 2 rounds.

If he wants to maximise his potential though he needs to look elsewhere for training. He's just so flawed at the moment.
          We are never going to agree on this i feel, lets just agree to disagree.

oh and also, I don't think Fury will ever be a "top heavyweight" but I do feel he can win an alphabet strap at some stage.

David Price wont be a top heavyweight either, i've seen what happens to him when he gets hit, and it isn't pretty, by Prices own admission Pulev hurt him in sparring, with headgear, what happens when someone like that lands, with no headgear

Comment

I'm not being biased or unfair against Fury, maybe being very critical, but not without reason.

Whilst he's finally utilised his physical gifts, they've allowed him room to become lax. He moves well for a man of his size but doesn't really know what to do when they sit on his chest, he becomes very ragged and reverts to his old style. He uses the jab well to stop opponent's exploiting this but once he steps up in competition, it'll show.

He's way too open for the right-hand whether he's throwing a jab or not, he doesn't seem to worry about anything coming back. I hope he fights someone his own size just to see how he copes. But if Boytsov, who's a 6ft1 HW out-fighter, comes into the fight with a swarming mentality he's going to wreak havoc. Not to mention that Fury's chin is hardly granite. If you're outsized by Fury you cannot afford to box him, get inside and it's a whole different ball game. I'd like to see Chisora-Fury II, that would definitely answer some questions.

It would be really ironic if Fury's style had never changed and the proposed fight would've be between a 6ft9 infighter and a 6ft1 outfighter.

For all of Fury's flaws, it's what makes him such an entertaining fighter and boy has that kid got heart. I like Fury and can't wait to see what the future brings but I'm just being realistic when I assess his potential.

Comment

David Price wont be a top heavyweight either, i've seen what happens to him when he gets hit, and it isn't pretty, by Prices own admission Pulev hurt him in sparring, with headgear, what happens when someone like that lands, with no headgear
              The only thing that Price & Fury share in common apart from height is their chin resistance.

Price has a proper defence and he's able to shut down an opponent once they come into range. He's got an educated jab, good ring IQ, 'equalising' power, works the body well and nice combinations. He's much more refined then Fury and doesn't suffer from the same lapses and mistakes.

Price also commented that he was grateful for the sparring with Pulev as it taught him a lot. He really rates Pulev and admits he's the better fighter for now but says the sparring was even. Now I'd love to hear accounts of Fury sparring Pulev, that would breed some interesting stories.

Price has never looked uncomfortable at this level, Fury lost to McDermott.

Comment

It will be an exciting fight if it happens.

It's time Boytsov stepped up to fighting a contender.

Comment

Fury is still a young pup so final dissertations on his quality or lack thereof are a tad premature. He's just as far along as Price and six years younger.

Boytsov is also young still and may yet regain lost momentum, but as of now I see Fury beating him.

Comment

Good fight, but Fury is well rank by the WBC, he'll probably choose to fight for the green belt after Vitali' reign. Easy way to become a "world" champion.

Comment

There are reports from several sites that this fight is now confirmed for Dec 1.

This is an interesting HW fight - Boytsov is a small heavyweight but he's a good puncher. Will the 6'9" Fury be too big and too strong for Denis?

Comment

Working...
                      X