Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people get all butthurt about politics when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I don't bother anymore because it doesn't make a difference its not a government by the ppl we have next to nothing to do with what happens and what policies are implemented.
    It is a government by the people. The people voted them in.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      It is a government by the people. The people voted them in.
      Not really when a bunch of elitist only 1 of 2 you had to choose from just make all of the choices for everyone without them having any real say.

This isn't 1790 where most ppl were illiterate corn farmers who were not informed enough to make intelligent decisions about the country and how its run.

The world has changed but American government has not really in over 200 years, the way we do things is outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
        Why do you have that pic of Floyd in your sig? He looks miserable and hurt.
        Thats him at 130, I believe it was his best weight

Comment

Not really when a bunch of elitist only 1 of 2 you had to choose from just make all of the choices for everyone without them having any real say.

This isn't 1790 where most ppl were illiterate corn farmers who were not informed enough to make intelligent decisions about the country and how its run.

The world has changed but American government has not really in over 200 years, the way we do things is outdated.
          This reminds me of something I read in Plato's The Republic.Keep in mind he was very influenced by the severe Spartan society of his time.

He took 3 "castes/classes"----------------and took 3 "structures"
          The elite guardians ----- Monarchy
          The soldiers------- Oligarchy
          The masses (hoi polloi)------- Democracy

He provided some social mobility, but bear in mind slavery was a big chunk of their economy. As was war, goes without saying. Much emphasis was put on training the "elite". He thought society was corrupt in nature, and in this "unideal" world a mixed constitution of monarchy and democracy would sustain the nation-state in the best way.

In this time period, the "soul" was divided into 3. Reason in the mind, courage in heart and the "appetites" in the gut/groin.

Plato saw this structure repeat itself in the "state".
          REASON-Elite Guardians
          COURAGE-Soldiers
          APPETITES-Masses

I know it isn't modern, but consider this as food for thought. Compare it to our modern views. Plato could be called the godfather of all forms of rigorous theoretical speculation because he sought PERFECTION. He was moving away from the messy world of particulars and towards the abstract, ideal world of thought.

Comment

^^^^^truth.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
              ^^^^^truth.
              perhaps it is the problem but what is the solution

Comment

Working...
              X