Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toney vs Holyfield: What do you think of this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuk the fight did you see the post fight interview? "I got milk baby" - James Toney

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
      Calling Holyfield dirty and praising Toney is like the pot calling the kettle black
      great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
        Don't you think a doctor and athlete who have brains would know that can possibly make you test positive? I took briefly predisone for allergy/asthma related symptoms, yet i would know to talk to my doc and say give me something not related to any roids. I don't buy toney's story, but everyone entitled to opinion.
        What does it matter - it's clear it wasn't something which aided his performance in any way. This is Toney we're talking about, he's off in his own world and probably didn't even think it could be an issue.

Comment

Holyfield was suffering from a torn rotator cuff

Comment

i think it became more impressive in time.holyfield actually looked decent fighting oquendo,and looked good in fighting valuev,arguably winning that fight

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Holyfield was suffering from a torn rotator cuff
              That's racist!

Although, on the fight itself....Yes, Toney looked good (that's racist!) but Holyfield not only had the left hook to beat him but the stamina and counter punching with the right and left hands to beat Toney at HW, if he was prime.

You could see in the first round or two the way the double left hook worked, but he just couldn't keep it up and throwing lots was not in him anymore. Amazing performance by Toney, but it's both amazing only because it's a former MW and because he actually stopped him. Though he just gave up when it comes down to it.

Wait! No he didn't! Fighters don't give up especially one like Holyfield. Only losers give up!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                That's racist!
                Lol Benny, what are all these comments about ?.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  Lol Benny, what are all these comments about ?.
                  I don't know to be honest.

Well.......The last time I went on NSB the entire board was filled with racist accusations, you know? The floyd guys calling the Pac dudes racist and the Pac dudes calling the Floyd guys racist, then some psycho made some kind of black power thread (the black version of the KKK I guess), and then everyone went nuts!

Puerto Ricans calling the Cubans "One legged jockeys!" an the Argentinians calling the Spanish "Degenerate cobblers" while the Limeys called the Aussies "Two bit convict red necks". All one mess really.

I've simply decided to join together, as one in a beautiful cosmic orgy, of that nutism with the 'mob', 'unbathed masses' or 'common people'. Call them what you will.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 08-07-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    I don't know to be honest.

Well.......The last time I went on NSB the entire board was filled with racist accusations, you know? The floyd guys calling the Pac dudes racist and the Pac dudes calling the Floyd guys racist, then some psycho made some kind of black power thread (the black version of the KKK I guess), and then everyone went nuts!

Puerto Ricans calling the Cubans "One legged jockeys!" an the Argentinians calling the Spanish "Degenerate cobblers" while the Limeys called the Aussies "Two bit convict red necks". All one mess really.

I've simply decided to join together, as one in a beautiful cosmic orgy, of that nutism with the 'mob', 'unbathed masses' or 'common people'. Call them what you will.
                    Ah k I get it now.

I remember that thread, where the guy was saying that all the African Americans have to segregate themselves from the rest and that they want their own Lounge, was like him and 1 other against the rest of NSB. Funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X