Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Webb's college football picks

COACH WEBB'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS

BIG GAME PICKS

6.SC or 25.ND...I like SC BIG. They had that one let down and Washington and now they will roll from here on out. This season ND has won the close games that they were accustom to losing in the recent past and I commend them. Matt Barkley will be a key component in this one. Will he perform like he did in the fourth quarter against Ohio State? Will Golden Tate have another stellar performance? Can the ND offense stop the running game of USC? Can they take contain or shut down explosive running back Joe McKnight? Those are BIG questions that will ultimately decide the outcome. However, I think the SC pass rush frustrates Jimmy Clausen en route to a BIG win in South Bend, Indiana. WATCH: NBC 3:30 PM est

4.Virgina Tech vs 19.Georgia Tech...I like V-Tech in this one. The biggest question will be, CAN V-Tech stop G. Tech's triple option?? G. Tech is VERY effective with this offense and they MUST run in order to win. If V-Tech control their gaps on defense, they will be fine. In addition, the V-Tech offense put up numbers last week and QB Tyrod Taylor has seemed to find his rhythm with the offense and the passing game. If V-Tech and run the ball with Williams and stop Dwyer and the G-Tech's run game, V-Tech will win. I anticipate that special teams will be big in this match up as well. I look for V-Tech to control special teams and maybe even get a TD from one of their special teams. But they are playing in Atlanta, which should help G-Tech a bit in this ACC match up. WATCH: ESPN 2 6:00 Pm est

Comment

3.Texas vs. 20.Oklahoma....I like the Longharns in this annual rivalry game. I have followed this game for a while now, but for some reason it doesn't seem as BIG as it has in previous years. I think that has to do with the fact that OU has already dropped two games this year. This is normally a battle of the unbeatens for supremacy in the Big 12 South and the winner usually wins the entire conference championship. But with Bradford BACK in the line up, OU's chances are all the more real. They have nothing to lose and I expect Stoops to go in his bag of tricks early and often. Will star WR Ryan Broyles be available for Bradford to throw to this weekend? How will Bradford handle UT's pass rush? I believe that Mushkchamp will blitz, blitz, blitz Braford to see if he is really healthy. On the other hand, UT has a lot of momentum right now. Though they came out rather flat last week against Colorado in Austin, Senior Jordan Shipley gave them a HUGE spark with his punt return for a TD. Colt McCoy will be the star in this game, but I believe that Shipley HAS to make the big plays on both offense and special teams for UT to win yet another Red River Rivarly(why did they change it from Red River SHOOTOUT?) game. However, Colt can separate himself from the pack with a great performance against his biggest rival and jump to the front of the Heisman race. WATCH: ABC 12:00 pm est

Comment

8.Cincinnati vs. 21.South Florida.....I like South Florida although they beat my favorite Florida Seminoles IN Tallehasse a few weeks back. I think that this team is highly motivated to be considered a BIG school in the state of Florida. They have a new billboard that says BIG 3 with the logos of FSU, UM, UF, but the number 3 cross out and they replaced it with the number 4 and their logo! Wow, their freshman QB Daniels has been phenomenal in replacing Matt Grothe. Daniels MUST have a big game this week. However, Cincinnati should not be over looked. They have a very explosive offense with a matured Senior Quarterback Pike. If WR Gilyard can get loose against the South Florida defense, Cincy can rack up the points. How will Cincy adjust to the freshman Qb Daniels is a big question. Nevertheless, the Bulls pull this one out in primetime Thursday night football. WATCH:ESPN 7:30 est.

Comment

22. South Carolina vs. 2. Alabama...I like Alabama in this SEC showdown. One of the main reasons I like Alabama is because of their defense. The offense had a poor outlast week with the exception of RB Mark Ingram. He has been very consisent and has been the star of Bama's offense. He is even being considered in the early Heisman race contention. He will need star receiver Julio Jones to catch the ball and make BIG plays that he is capable of making. But as I said, their defense is awesome. From the D-line all the way to the DBs, Bama can play ball and All American LB Hightower, and Safety Justin Woodall have been the leaders of the Bama defense. Not to be outdone by Bama, South Carolina has an awesome LB in Senior Eric Norwood. Expect Norwood to bring everything that he has against RB Mark Ingram this week. However, SC must be consistent on offense and that will be tough playing in Tuscaloosa against the #2 Bama Crimson Tide. Though I am picking Bama, I know how competititve it is in the SEC, so if South Carolina were to upset Bama, I would not be surprise. WATCH: ESPN 7:45 PM EST

Comment

womp womp at the alt that created the "i hate college football" thread. get a life, besides the internet.

Comment

post in the football bets thread I made. its for eveyrone

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
                post in the football bets thread I made. its for eveyrone
                thanks Bay..will do.

Comment

Working...
                X