No announcement yet.

Bob Arum Eager To Match Triple G With Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
    I mean based on what??? Zurdo just doesn't seem all that interesting as a person or boxer...seems very basic and boring in the ring...I don't think Triple G would bother with the fight because it's not interesting or big enough of an event...Triple G wants to do big interesting and entertaining events now...I don't think Zurdo has enough fans or drawing power for GGG to move up...it would probably make more sense to move up for someone like Degale or someone with a National or International following...
    Look:

I am a Golovkin fan.
    I think Golovkin does many subtle things that separates himself from other fighters, not only he has power.

But Zurdo is too big and slick.

I have my own opinion and i will not be blinded because i am a fan.
    At 160, GGG kills everyone.

Zurdo would KO Canelo.
    I think he would win on points against GGG.

Comment

If GGG gets on the inside and does body work he can slow Ramirez down so that his outside boxing is reduced...otherwise if GGG is unable to cut off the ring and get inside to land his big shots to slow Zurdo down...then Zurdo can definitely pull off the win...but if it goes to decision...do you think Zurdo can get a decision over the beloved GGG???...
      You really think Zurdo would feel his punches? How much power will Golovkin carry at 168?

Comment

Golovkin's left hook to the body will always be a neutralizer

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          Look:

I am a Golovkin fan.
          I think Golovkin does many subtle things that separates himself from other fighters, not only he has power.

But Zurdo is too big and slick.

I have my own opinion and i will not be blinded because i am a fan.
          At 160, GGG kills everyone.

Zurdo would KO Canelo.
          I think he would win on points against GGG.
          Zurdo won't KO Canelo...Canelo would smother his punches and stay on the inside...he could definitely win on points against GGG but GGG has extreme power and KO LHW's...I think he'd KO Zurdo...you would see GGG go into "Mad Man" zone like he did against Brook...

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            Golovkin's left hook to the body will always be a neutralizer
            ^^^^
            This...

Comment

When it comes to defense, GGG is a sitting duck and Zurdo doesn't stop throwing punches, I see a stoppage in the later rounds in favor of Zurdo

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                When it comes to defense, GGG is a sitting duck and Zurdo doesn't stop throwing punches, I see a stoppage in the later rounds in favor of Zurdo
                GGG let's his opponents get punches off on him...Zurdo gets tired too...and slows down during the fight...GGG KO's LHW's...ask Kovalev what happened in sparring...he gets mad everytime it gets brought up...Kathy Duva says "well if it did happen...Kov was just an 8 round fighter at the time"...so proves GGG KO'd him and proves he has more than enough power to KO Zurdo!!!...

Comment

GGG let's his opponents get punches off on him...Zurdo gets tired too...and slows down during the fight...GGG KO's LHW's...ask Kovalev what happened in sparring...he gets mad everytime it gets brought up...Kathy Duva says "well if it did happen...Kov was just an 8 round fighter at the time"...so proves GGG KO'd him and proves he has more than enough power to KO Zurdo!!!...
                  Zurdo toyed with Arthur Abraham, a guy who has KO power and though he's been on the down slope, Arthur could barely throw a punch because Zurdo wouldn't let him with his relentless offense, it was hard to watch. His boxing is superior's than Golovkin's and his jab is non-stop, I don't see GGG winning here.

GGG is a small 160, Zurdo is a big 168.....the ref steps in after seeing GGG eat too many punches and not hitting the canvas

Comment

So is Ramirez the new boogeyman who Golovkin is supposedly scared to death of?

Should make for some interesting threads. And I also imagine that Ramirez will magically have another 100 fans on this site since Arum said this.

Anyway, Golovkin will probably wait for Ginger Ale to move up because he wants a huge payday. I have no problem with Golovkin fighting Ramirez if and when he moves up to 168.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      All i know is Zurdo is a beast.
                      Better than Canela.

I got Zurdo on this one.

I got GGG on Canelo, BJS, Jacobs.

Zurdo is another thing and i would think Zurdo wins it.
                      Beast is usually reserved for KO Artists or special fighters. Can you point to any examples of Giberto Ramirez doing anything "beastly" ?

Certainly KOing Abraham in 2016 or 2015 would have been kinda-beastly ( Abe is well past it) but that didnt happen. That was actually his biggest step up - an aging, well-past it, Abraham.

Comment

Working...
                      X