Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know who the REAL Lineal Middleweight Champion is? I will tell you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Pretty good!

What about LHW?

Well Zsolt Erdei was a long time lineal champion. He won the title in 2004 from Gonzalez. He made 11 straight defenses before having a few fights over the limit. He finally lost his lineage in march this year against Dennis Grachev. Grachev then lost it to Edwin Rodríguez.

Rodríguez then lost to Ward at 168 lbs. I guess that 168 lbs could still be for LHW lineage since 168 is below 175 lbs.

So Ward is LHW lineal champion by way of beating Rodríguez.
    Exactly!!!!

You're so right.

Makes so much logical sense.

Refer to this thread;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=618232

To get an epic full breakdown of your example.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Exactly!!!!

You're so right.

Makes so much logical sense.

Refer to this thread;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=618232

To get an epic full breakdown of your example.
      Haha! Spray got that one right!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        meh.

dazzling barker's a good looking chap, but he's no sergio. even at 900 years old, sergio still pulls tail at those spanish beaches.
        But does Sergio got those "Lineal Ladies?"

No, he definitely doesn't. Why? Because he ain't never been the TRUE Lineal Champion like the Dazzler is at the moment.

He might have had one of those fake ones like Stevenson has now at LHW but not the true one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Dazzling Darren is gonna go on a win streak here.
          Barker is one of the most underrated and under appreciated boxers out there. He is a pretty complete boxer, plenty of physical attributes, sound fundamentals, and the intangibles.

Comment

The question on my mind is will the Dazzler be able to compete with the recent Lineal MW greats and their reigns?

Will he be able to go on a 6 year undefeated streak with Camacho did between 97-2003 with his Lineal Reign?

Will it compare it Sturms epic Lineal Reign from 08-12?

Time will tell if he'll join his name with the Middleweight greats.

Comment

When you retire you give up the lineal title regardless if you return.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                When you retire you give up the lineal title regardless if you return.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                How dare you make such a ridiculous claim.

"Retirement" is nothing but words. Means nothing what so ever. You can only lose your title in the ring.

If you announce "retirement", you keep your Lineage forever.

Calzaghe can come back tomorrow and be Lineal at both 168 and 175. Oh no wait he was never the Lineal Champ at LHW when he won his fake belt off Hopkins, Erdei was still on his epic Lineal Reign.

So wait, that's a great thought, Ward's not even the Lineal Champion at 168 at the moment. How could that elude me? Calzaghe might make a comeback 20 years from now so there is literally no way Ward can be Lineal Champion at 168 at this moment in time.

If Lennox Lewis makes a comeback, the Lineal Champ is back! Not had a fight in over 10 years but who cares? Doesn't matter he's still the Champ of the world.

Comment

Pretty immature response when you have no reasonable basis against my factual claims that Ward is the lineal LHW champion so have to resort to mockery because you don't like having to think about a potential messy situation.

It is not as if I even created it, blame the ABC organizations and other bodies who designate champions just because they have a fanbase.

Until there is some singular authority in boxing respected by all which states in writing that uttering the magical R word means you relinquish any lineal claims, that is all just opinion and assumption.

Andre Ward SMW and LHW champion, deal

Comment

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Pretty immature response when you have no reasonable basis against my factual claims that Ward is the lineal LHW champion so have to resort to mockery because you don't like having to think about a potential messy situation.

It is not as if I even created it, blame the ABC organizations and other bodies who designate champions just because they have a fanbase.

Until there is some singular authority in boxing respected by all which states in writing that uttering the magical R word means you relinquish any lineal claims, that is all just opinion and assumption.Andre Ward SMW and LHW champion, deal
                      If it is never stated by an authority that it's relinquished then who ever stated that it even existed.

Comment

Working...
                      X