No announcement yet.

First Fight..lost it but thought i won it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fight..lost it but thought i won it

Hey guys so i had my first amateur boxing fight last week, i didn't get the decision but i thought i did enough, here is the link let me know what you think.

Been training for 6 months.

youtube.com/watch?v=B77D7XVQ1_U[/url]

Solid effort.

You need to calm down a little though dude, you are wasting a lot of nervous energy, and that bradley esque windmilling at 1:45 was stupidly wreckless in the first minute of a fight

Comment

I honestly thought you won it too. You got a little wild and threw wide shots. He was trying to time and counter you. It also seemed like you gassed a bit. That's nothing the gym doesn't fix. You'll be fine. Good Job.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys , yeah i know i got a bit wild, but when i was in the fight i thought i was losing the round and the psychology bit got to me, so i was looking for big hits near the end.

Comment

close fight, i would have probably had you ahead but i think some judges must like a tidy look more than work rate. i thought you looked good for first fight. i think if you mix it up with your counters to the jab more you'd have more luck countering him, instead of slipping to the outside of the jab everytime try slipping inside or ducking straight under. good luck in your next fight.

Comment

Congrats for having the stones to get in the ring. You looked good man.That first win will be sweet,hang in there.

Comment

Definitely a good performance. Very difficult to call because of the contrast in styles.

About the 1:45 windmill... it looked like you got nailed with a punch at the end of it, so hopefully that was the only lesson you'll need there.

By and large, that didn't look like a first fight. Congratulations.

Comment

Very good effort for your first fight. Difficult to separate you both in my opinion.

Good luck for the future.

Comment

When you said "i did enough", i think that means it was a close fight. Either a draw or could have gone either way.

Do you feel like Pac now against Bradley or JMM against Pacquiao.

Comment

Thank you all for the great comments, yea i knew it was a close fight and i don't argue with the decision he had that 1 fight experience and he worked his height well, it was just disappointing coming out with a loss straight off the bat!

Comment

Working...
                    X