Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    Economy, war, unemployment, poverty?

Nah...

Lets focus our efforts on preventing ****s from getting married...
    Let me add a few more, obesity, addiction, illnesses, the drug war, etc.

The last thing I care about is about of attention whores making a big hoopla about getting married. Sadly the higher power doesn't think like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by I Know Boxing View Post
      So a couple days ago, North Carolina passed a constitutional amendment Tuesday defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, becoming the latest state to effectively slam the door shut on same-sex marriages.

So when will gays be allowed to receive the same rights as the str8s? It is shameful that in 2012, we still continue to discriminate and deny rights to gays. What gays are facing now is what blacks faced for many years. It is time to remove the most evil book in history from our government

I hope all those that voted for this amendment can sleep soundly next to their hetero partner while gays sleep in solitude making your relationship that much stronger
      Comparing todays gays to the past's blacks is just a bit ridiculous. Being 'equal' is all good, but lets not be delusional. There will always be a difference between men and women, and marriage, by definition, is a union between a man and a woman.

And no one is preventing gays from living together by any means. Civil unions exist that put you basically in the same exact position that marriage will. Youre not denying them rights, its just that their union cannot be called 'marriage'.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        Comparing todays gays to the past's blacks is just a bit ridiculous. Being 'equal' is all good, but lets not be delusional. There will always be a difference between men and women, and marriage, by definition, is a union between a man and a woman.

And no one is preventing gays from living together by any means. Civil unions exist that put you basically in the same exact position that marriage will. Youre not denying them rights, its just that their union cannot be called 'marriage'.
        I concur .

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
          I agree with you completely, TS.

It's shameful that people think they have the right to tell someone who to love. Inter-racial marriages use to be illegal, could you imagine telling someone now that they cannot marry based on race?

To each their own, if they are happy and in love leave them be. Gay marriage is legal here and I am glad for them that it is.
          Exactly. I never really cared much about this but now i'm realizing what they're facing.

How does 2 men or 2 women getting married affect ANYBODIES life? Its time to separate church from state and stop the discrimination against gays because the bible says that they'll turn into pillars of sand or whatever.

Just look at this Map of the US and tell me how you can Marry your first cousin in 30+ states yet can only marry same sex in 6

Comment

Exactly. I never really cared much about this but now i'm realizing what they're facing.

How does 2 men or 2 women getting married affect ANYBODIES life? Its time to separate church from state and stop the discrimination against gays because the bible says that they'll turn into pillars of sand or whatever.

Just look at this Map of the US and tell me how you can Marry your first cousin in 30+ states yet can only marry same sex in 6

you can still have a child if you marry your cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
              Economy, war, unemployment, poverty?

Nah...

Lets focus our efforts on preventing ****s from getting married...
              My thoughts exactly.

While other nations plot on new weapons to destroy us, we are more concerned over a couple ****s wanting to get married.

Believe me, a couple aids ridden queers is the least of my worrys right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post

How is it ridiculous? Its the same thing. Gays have been lynched, beaten, discriminated against just like blacks. Dont look at the severity but the actions

And by whose definition? Its called the bible. Its time to separate state from church

And under their new amendment, civil unions are abolished as well. And its not about "living together", its about receiving the same rights as everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                  two guys cant have a kid together. If everyone was gay, the world would end. Marriage= man & women. If gays want to be together, fine...just cant get married.
                  What does having kids have to do with marriage?

Comment

How is it ridiculous? Its the same thing. Gays have been lynched, beaten, discriminated against just like blacks. Dont look at the severity but the actions

And by whose definition? Its called the bible. Its time to separate state from church

And under their new amendment, civil unions are abolished as well. And its not about "living together", its about receiving the same rights as everyone else
                    it's not the same thing

that fact that we're even wasting time on this is a disgrace.

I'm not supporting the genocide against my children

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      If you truly love some one, not being able to get married isnt going to keep you apart.

but it is going to keep you from tax and health care benifits.

so lets not worry about marraige, the us population links marriage to religion so in their minds same sex marriage is stain on religion, and theres not much thats going to change things.

the focus should be how to allow same sex relationships to apply for equal benifits as a married couple.
                      No, its not about simply benefits, you either grant everyone equal right not dont grant them at all

And because of the amendment, equal benefits are gone

Comment

Working...
                      X