No announcement yet.

**** AT&T

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** AT&T

... last week, i went to AT&T to ask them about the i4s and they were more than happy to tell me alllll about it

they told all the cool new features...how everyone will want one...how crazy the demand will be...blah blah blah

anyways, i asked the lady helping me what my chances were of getting one in case i came when they arrived...she says 'not too good...they'll probably last for only a couple of hours....you're better off pre ordering to make sure you get one'

so i did...paid for the 32GB version...signed a new contract...i even told the lady 'i'll be back on Friday to buy some accessories for the new phone'...she says 'sure, we'll have them here ready for you on Friday'

i was led to believe that it would be delivered to me yesterday(friday)...so i review the email confirmation and it said that the device would be delivered within 14-21 business days and i'm thinking WTF

i log on to check on the status to see where its at and nothing comes up

i then call the 800 number and nothing...the info i'm putting in isn't showing any iphone4s orders

finally i call the store where i pre-ordered and even they can't pull the record...they tell me to come down so we can figure out what's going on

now keep in mind, the lady told me that they would probably run out in a matter of hours...i dont get to AT&T til 7 ****ing pm after work and there is an amusement park-like line out the door

at this point, i'm fuming...then a lady comes up, asks my name and what i need so i tell her...i then asked her that if my order didn't go thru if my new contract was still valid...she said 'no' and that my card wont be charged unless the phone is delivered

i asked 'so if the order never went thru, i can buy one right now right?'

she replies 'yea but we only have the 64GB'...i aint paying an extra $100 just to have the phone already so i start thinking of plan B...heck, dont have anything better to do, i'm stuck in this long ass line

first thought in my head: Verizon

so while in line, i called Verizon...asked them where they were at exactly...then i asked them if they had the 32GB in black

'got plenty of them...i'll hold one for you if you wanna check it out before we close'

then i started asking about payment plans...by this time, the other customers as well as the workers were just looking at me

finally i was next in line...lo and behold, its the lady from last week

me: where's my order? why can't i track it?
    her: hmmm...it's not showing up in the system...but i remember you ordering and paying for it
    me: so what now? you dont know if its gonna come or not?
    her: i mean, it should...it could take up to a month
    me: a month? you kidding me right?
    her: well, i did tell you that you'd have better luck coming in and getting one

i wanted to punch a b1tch

me: ummmm, no...you actually asked me to pre order last week...you even told me that it might come in the mail today
    her: no i didnt
    me: so you dont know if my contract renewal went thru?
    her: we'll know if the phone gets delivered to you

WTF

then i remembered that there was an out clause for new contracts so i asked her how long it was and she said she didnt know...yea right

a manager walks by and i ask him and quickly he goes '30 days'

i look at her and say 'if that phone comes, i'm not opening it...im bringing it back here and paying the restocking fee...you will then return the charge on my credit card and you will void my renewal contract'

the manager overhears and asks if there's anything they can do to keep me since i've been with them for 4 years

i say 'make a final stop on that pre order if there is one...get me a 32GB right now'

'we cant do that sir...we dont know the status and we dont have the 32GB in stock'

me: well, i guess you really cant do anything then...all you can do is tighten up on your TRAINING issues (looking directly at the stupid b1tch that took my order)

i went on to Verizon...they hooked my **** up quick..

right now, i dont know what i'm more in love with...the reception that Verizon is giving me or the new phone

i can actually hear people so clearly on Verizon...even when i called back home, EVEN that was clean...i actually went a full conversation without saying 'ano?' (what? huh?)

Verizon is the ****...this new phone is the ****

time for lunch

/rant
    Last edited by -MAKAVELLI-; 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM.

I enjoyed the read. Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Damn Mak, sounds like you shoulda choked the biitch!

How you likin the phone? Anything new other than Siri?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
        I enjoyed the read. Glad it worked out for you.

thanks man...i knew **** was gonna be hectic after work but i didn't expect all that to happen

honestly, all i wanted was for those assh0les to give me a tracking number so i could know where my order was and when it was coming

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
          Damn Mak, sounds like you shoulda choked the biitch!

How you likin the phone? Anything new other than Siri?

Dubbz, when that b1tch goes 'well i did tell you to just come in'

oh man

thoughts of Roy putting that body shot on Virgil Hill crossed my mind...

its like 'ohhh...now you're gonna play like im the one that's stupid'

as for the phone...damn man...this phone is fast as ****..REALLY fast...i browsed boxingscene this morning and damn...**** loads instantly...when you click 'back' there's no backload...it just blinks back to the previous page...

as for Siri...it's actually pretty cool...it fits your basic commands but you have to be specific

for example, you cant just say 'show me kobe highlights'

i did that last night and the ****in thing started pulling restaurants in Japan with Kobe beef'

Comment

Lmao! Right hook to the side woulda set that biitch straight. I hate when customer service peeps get all condescending on you. Its like, "biitch, you working retail, but you're better/smarter than me?

Man, I really wanna get the 4S but I just got the 4 last December. I'm seriously hoping I "accidentally" drop my phone in the toilet now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
              Lmao! Right hook to the side woulda set that biitch straight. I hate when customer service peeps get all condescending on you. Its like, "biitch, you working retail, but you're better/smarter than me?

Man, I really wanna get the 4S but I just got the 4 last December. I'm seriously hoping I "accidentally" drop my phone in the toilet now.

naw man...you should be cool with the 4...remember, i came from the 3GS so the improvements are more drastic from my POV

but i do like being able to text just by talking to Siri

BTW- i noticed that lil mic button on the keypad...you press it, talk, hit done and it types it for you...that was already on the 4 right? that thing is dope lol

Comment

Good read... I hate AT&T. The only place with service so bad I paid to cancel.

Comment

The things people do to get an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    naw man...you should be cool with the 4...remember, i came from the 3GS so the improvements are more drastic from my POV

but i do like being able to text just by talking to Siri

BTW- i noticed that lil mic button on the keypad...you press it, talk, hit done and it types it for you...that was already on the 4 right? that thing is dope lol
                    Forgot you was skippin the 4. Yeah, you definitely needed to upgrade.

Not sure about that texting thing, might have been an app for it but I never had it. Just did the update a few days ago and it's pretty dope.

I think you actually came up with Verizon. Worked out for the better for you. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X