Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider to be the better fighter Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao by a pretty good margin. H2H they are close, but career wise, Pacquiao is better no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Pacquiao by a pretty good margin. H2H they are close, but career wise, Pacquiao is better no doubt.
      TS already said that wasn't the question

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        in terms of talent?
        by style, they're both great at what they do
        Marquez is clearly a better skilled boxer
        Pac is a stronger attacker
        in terms of career rating? Pac is better
        Pac won his biggest fights
        JMM's biggest "wins" are losses to Pac and a shady Barrera decision
        This... There both great at what they do.

Comment

Pacquiao is the better fighter and has the better career.

Style makes fights though and h2h i have Marquez winning the trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            It's called an analogy, numb nuts.

And yes, I'd take Pac's skills over JMM any day. He's faster, stronger and more explosive. JMM is obviously much more technically sound but that's two different things. For example I'd take a prime Roy Jones and his skill set over a much more technically sound fighter in James Toney. Comprende?

Now if the TS is asking "who is more technically sound" that answer is obviously JMM. "Who has better skills" can mean anything and to me, I like Pac's style, his abilities and his intangibles.
            This is the only smart post I have seen so far in this thread

Comment

Marquez best shots wasn't enough to score knockdown against Pacman;
              It wasn't enough to convince Judges;
              It wasn't enough to convince Sportswriters to vote him FOTY or Fighter of the Decade!

Say whatever you wanna say, but a Record is still a Record.
              Officially, Pacman WON 2 and DREW 1!
              That's all that matters.

Other than that,
              Its all about opinionated statements,
              they're not Official...

Comment

Manny Pacquiao all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                  Marquez best shots wasn't enough to score knockdown against Pacman;
                  It wasn't enough to convince Judges;
                  It wasn't enough to convince Sportswriters to vote him FOTY or Fighter of the Decade!

Say whatever you wanna say, but a Record is still a Record.
                  Officially, Pacman WON 2 and DREW 1!
                  That's all that matters.

Other than that,
                  Its all about opinionated statements,
                  they're not Official...

Except most of us actually saw these fights.

Make that case when Pac is long forgotten and you have the record books to go by.

Anyway, Marquez is the better fighter. Pac has had the more successful career (I won't say BETTER, because there's been some controversy with him and JMM).

Also, I forgot who it is, but you're missing the point with the analogy of James Toney and RJJ. What people are saying is that attributes don't equal skills. Just because you have good fundementals does not make you a good boxer. Saying all these euro bums can compare to someone like Floyd or Toney because they all have "skills" is hilarious. You have to have talent. When your attributes fade, you're left with your skills and talent...it's not about longevity. You're trying to say you'd take Zab Judah (one of the most physically and athletically gifted athletes, more than Pac) over Floyd or someone like Bernard(who's skills and talent allow him to better utilize HIS own attributes). Once Pac loses his edge, it's not going to come back. Like RJJ, once he lost his edge...he was gone. There's a reason guys like Bernard out last guys like RJJ. I think Bernard and RJJ are more fitting of a comparison right now because James Toney's attributes are practically gone (except maybe his chin)...lol. Roy was more than just attributes too though because his timing was insane, it's just his attributes were damn near super human but he's a perfect example of a guy who's long gone attributes are what's to blame for his decline.

Marquez is the more talented of the two, which is evidenced by their fights...even if Pac is the more successful of the two.

Comment

Working...
                  X