Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Great A Win Is John Ruiz For Roy Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Come on Reed: Did YOU have any doubts Jones was gonna cruise in that fight?

Poet
    It doesn't matter who I think will win... You still get credit for it.

I think Floyd is going to dominate Pac... just because I think that, when he does it.. he still gets ****in credit for it, FFS.

Same thing with Ortiz... Floyds gonna cruise in that fight... he still gets credit.

Sure, Ruiz was a title holder... Roy was also a LHW, who came from MW.. and was still outweighed by 30lbs on fight night.

It's not JUST who he faced, but him coming from MW to do it.

How MUCH credit can be debated... MEANINGLESS, is ridiculous to me.

Comment

The Ruiz win, and the Prince Badi Ajamu win are basically equals.

It's ridiculous to even type it.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        It doesn't matter who I think will win... You still get credit for it.

I think Floyd is going to dominate Pac... just because I think that, when he does it.. he still gets ****in credit for it, FFS.

Same thing with Ortiz... Floyds gonna cruise in that fight... he still gets credit.

Sure, Ruiz was a title holder... Roy was also a LHW, who came from MW.. and was still outweighed by 30lbs on fight night.

It's not JUST who he faced, but him coming from MW to do it.

How MUCH credit can be debated... MEANINGLESS, is ridiculous to me.
        How the hell does winning easily against a fighter you're EXPECTED to win against easily enhance your legacy? To my mind it doesn't hurt you but doesn't help you either......you're simply doing what's expected and no more.

As for the weight thing. People put WAY to much stock in weight. I'm sorry but bigger does NOT equal better. There have been FAR too many cases over the course of boxing history were the noticably smaller guy destroys the bigger fighter. And Jones hadn't been a Middleweight for YEARS. He had been well established at Light-Heavy for years and was not a Middleweight anymore.

Poet

Comment

Alright bro, Ill leave you to your opinion...debating the Ruiz win as absolutely meaningless is a waste of time to me.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Uh......no. Ortiz in NOT an opponent one gets credit for beating.....Not when you're a fighter with the status Mayweather has.

Poet

Comment

Working...
            X