Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color was Jesus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoxingTech718, Do you think Cleopatra was Black as well? (not that this has anything to do with anything but yet another huge debate)

just honest question..

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      I don't know how dark you are, but I've been to Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and most of them were the same complexion as me (mixture of Mexican and white.) Surely you're not implying semites are somehow closer to black than to white.
      Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.

In the United States today the general view on whether someone is "black" is the One-Drop Rule -- if a person has any black ancestors s/he is considered "black", even with a clearly Anglo skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
        BoxingTech718, Do you think Cleopatra was Black as well? (not that this has anything to do with anything but yet another huge debate)

just honest question..
        I don't know never took much stock or researched into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post

just honest question..
          "Well fact was most of the people living in that area at the time had skin that would be described as black today"

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.

In the United States today the general view on whether someone is "black" is the One-Drop Rule -- if a person has any black ancestors s/he is considered "black", even with a clearly Anglo skin color.
            I'm sorry but the only people in this country (or anywhere for that matter) that still believe in the one drop rule are either extremely racist, borderline ******ed, or both (usually the latter is a prerequisite of the former.)

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              Well its true right? blacks really just another word for African American and one drop means that genetically you are now directly linked to African origin just as any person with semitic blood is directly linked to a middle eastern origin. thus one drop will make you black (african american).

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                "Well fact was most of the people living in that area at the time had skin that would be described as black today"
                Well apparently there is no proof for Cleopatra being white or black. Nobody knows today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                  Well its true right? blacks really just another word for African American and one drop means that genetically you are now directly linked to African origin just as any person with semitic blood is directly linked to a middle eastern origin. thus one drop will make you black (african american).
                  All human life originated in Africa.

Comment

I'm sorry but the only people in this country (or anywhere for that matter) that still believe in the one drop rule are either extremely racist, borderline ******ed, or both (usually the latter is a prerequisite of the former.)
                    Well nobody knows for certain, but he was described as having "wooly" hair "brown skin" and has "black ancestry". So I'll leave the conclusion to you.

Comment

All human life originated in Africa.
                      I thought the Caucasus Mountains were in eurasia?

Comment

Working...
                      X