No announcement yet.

Good recent Rock Music

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good recent Rock Music

Whats the best rock albums you've heard in the last couple of years? Preferably by a relatively new group?

I havent heard many that have blown me away in recent times, but the Canterbury - Dark Days, The Minutes - Marcata and Dean Sons - Hollers and Hymns are probably the 3 best from newcomers

And best albums by established groups Ive got QOTSA - Like Clockwork, Black Sabbath - 13 and Artic Monleys AM.

I need some new stuff on my ipod so fire away and recommend me some stuff.

Queens of the Stone Age's "Like clockwork" comes to mind. Yaiks, QOSA is not even a new band

But honestly I gave up listening to new acts as they became more tentative each year, at one point all wanna sound like their mere influences, not trying a different sound instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
      Queens of the Stone Age's "Like clockwork" comes to mind. Yaiks, QOSA is not even a new band

But honestly I gave up listening to new acts as they became more tentative each year, at one point all wanna sound like their mere influences, not trying a different sound instead.
      The Canterbury - Dark Days is worth a listen. Its not mind blowing, but its the best rock album Ive heard from a newcomer since the arctic monkeys came along. Like all good albums, it take a few listens before it goes from ok to pretty damn good

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        The Canterbury - Dark Days is worth a listen. Its not mind blowing, but its the best rock album Ive heard from a newcomer since the arctic monkeys came along. Like all good albums, it take a few listens before it goes from ok to pretty damn good
        Yeah I think a pal gave me a CD of The Canterburys a while back and I've yet to listen to the CD, he gave it to me to check it out and review it in his audio website.

Like how you describe it (a few listens before going OK to damn good) is what's referred as "music that grows into you". The last band for me giving off this kind of feeling was Mars Volta.

Comment

Comment

soundgarden, QOTSA, alice in chains, the black angels & Black rebel motorcycle club all put out good albums the last 2 years... i haven't heard the artic monkeys but they are getting lots of good reviews. maybe i will pick up some of their stuff...

Comment

Working...
            X