Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights where a fighter's eye swelled shut from a thumb...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights where a fighter's eye swelled shut from a thumb...

AND where there's clear evidence of that fighter getting hit with said thumb.

Been hearing this a bit lately, Angulo, Mattyhsse and I remember a while back people were claiming that Vargas was thumbed by Mosley.

But I've never seen any proof of it. Can anyone show a fight where a fighter's eye swelled up from a thumb and pinpoint where the thumbing took place?

Berto vs Guerrero. Didn't realise you wanted a picture of the exact moment, just disregard my post.

Comment

Give the Vitali d1ick riders an inch and they will claim Lewis' thumb caused that mess that caused the TKO6

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        Give the Vitali d1ick riders an inch and they will claim Lewis' thumb caused that mess that caused the TKO6
        What caused that cut was the palm part Lewis's glove. Was not intentional.

Comment

who said Garcia thumbed Lucas??that is just sad cause it was a CLEAR lefthook

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
            A few people have.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              A few people have.
              That is just sad and pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                AND where there's clear evidence of that fighter getting hit with said thumb.

Been hearing this a bit lately, Angulo, Mattyhsse and I remember a while back people were claiming that Vargas was thumbed by Mosley.

But I've never seen any proof of it. Can anyone show a fight where a fighter's eye swelled up from a thumb and pinpoint where the thumbing took place?
                Who said that Matthysse was thumbed?

Comment

thumbs in modern pro gloves are attached to the main prt of the glove. they can't get enough seperation to really get jammed into the eye. where the jamming would get done there's now a robust leather strap attached to the knuckles.

if the thumb cant fully articulate, it's virtually impossible to make contact with just the thumb and get it into the eye.

back in the day gloves had seperate thumbs, and the thumbs were not as well formed / padded. they could make their way into the eye (thumming,)

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
                    Exactly. I hope that they show the punch that landed from a clear angle just to shut up the liars. Matthysse's fans have been sneaking in some truly pu$$y azz excuses in because Matthysse lost. Everyone would've noticed that it was a thumb if it was a thumb. You'll all find out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X